Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2020, 05:43 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Where was the Camelot built?

Was the Camelot built in Oregon or Indiana?

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2020, 06:37 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Cool

Not exactly apples and oranges, but my '08 Camelot 40PDQ came from Oregon (per some paperwork I've found), while we picked up our old '06 Endeavor 40PAQ direct from Indiana.

I've noticed minor changes in construction and attention to detail between the two, likely due to different factory practices as well as the beginning of the downturn of economy. Nothing really eye-popping and probably not even noticeable, unless one is 'intimately' familiar with them.

Thinking of trading-up, Bob?
Old 10-21-2020, 10:25 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
You can try the VIN# here: https://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/decoder/

That may tell the location where it was built.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:27 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
The Camelot was built in Oregon - I think all side radiator coaches were built there -- The Camelot is a higher grade coach than the Endeavor -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 04:12 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Willard View Post
The Camelot was built in Oregon - I think all side radiator coaches were built there -- The Camelot is a higher grade coach than the Endeavor -- Bill Willard
Thanks Bill, I saw a post you made on Monacoers where you indicated you are getting ready to sell your coach. Hate to see you go but I know we will be looking at doing the same a few years down the road. I just hope I will know when it is time.

Bob
Old 10-22-2020, 04:21 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
Not exactly apples and oranges, but my '08 Camelot 40PDQ came from Oregon (per some paperwork I've found), while we picked up our old '06 Endeavor 40PAQ direct from Indiana.

I've noticed minor changes in construction and attention to detail between the two, likely due to different factory practices as well as the beginning of the downturn of economy. Nothing really eye-popping and probably not even noticeable, unless one is 'intimately' familiar with them.

Thinking of trading-up, Bob?
Hi Ron, no not trading up just curious. We will stick it out with what we have and make a few more long trips while we still can. If I do any trading it will be to a smaller coach for local camping. We miss the days when we could go up into the Smokies and camp in the campgrounds that were built during the depression. Not many sites up there that a 40 foot coach will fit in and maneuvering around the campgrounds can be difficult.

Bob
Old 10-22-2020, 10:12 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Thanks Bill, I saw a post you made on Monacoers where you indicated you are getting ready to sell your coach. Hate to see you go but I know we will be looking at doing the same a few years down the road. I just hope I will know when it is time.

Bob

Bob -- We purchased our first coach in April, 1980 & have had 9 coaches in that time span -- Our present coach, a 07, 42ft Camelot , we purchased new in May,2007 - We`ve enjoyed the many,many trips across the US & Canada, but @ 87 & 84 years of age, it`s more work than fun -- Ruby has knee problems & I just don`t want to travel any longer -- We may get a smaller coach just to say we have a motorhome -It would sure be odd to look in the back yard & not see one -- We`re in good health, it`s just that home seems like the place to be -- Bill Willard
Old 10-22-2020, 10:42 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Bob -- We purchased our first coach in April, 1980 & have had 9 coaches in that time span -- Our present coach, a 07, 42ft Camelot , we purchased new in May,2007 - We`ve enjoyed the many,many trips across the US & Canada, but @ 87 & 84 years of age, it`s more work than fun -- Ruby has knee problems & I just don`t want to travel any longer -- We may get a smaller coach just to say we have a motorhome -It would sure be odd to look in the back yard & not see one -- We`re in good health, it`s just that home seems like the place to be -- Bill Willard

Excuse me - you can't sell the Camelot. We use it more than you do, so you can't sell anything until it's been discussed at a Friday Safety meeting

I bet Bill never mentioned this to anyone, but it's time for the truth to come out. We - Danes on Tour - are Bill and Ruby's kids that they never talk about. I am terrible with a spanner on RV's my self, and I think that is why Bill never talks about us

Dad - do send me a photo of the new RV that you have in mind, so I can see if it is any good for what we need.

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 02:11 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by danes-on-tour View Post
Excuse me - you can't sell the Camelot. We use it more than you do, so you can't sell anything until it's been discussed at a Friday Safety meeting

I bet Bill never mentioned this to anyone, but it's time for the truth to come out. We - Danes on Tour - are Bill and Ruby's kids that they never talk about. I am terrible with a spanner on RV's my self, and I think that is why Bill never talks about us

Dad - do send me a photo of the new RV that you have in mind, so I can see if it is any good for what we need.

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy

Somewhere Harry Martin has to fit in the picture. Is he your brother?

Oh, and I started this thread so it is OK for me to hijack it.

Bob
Old 10-23-2020, 02:14 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Bill,

Hope I am doing that well when your age. It does seem like as we grow older we like shorter and shorter travel days and are content to stay home.

Bob
Old 10-23-2020, 07:05 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

Bob

OK, the Danes are our kids & Harry Martin is my brother -- Now you know why I never mention my family -- But I guess most family`s have a Black Sheep-- Heck I have a whole flock --

We`ve been very blessed to have been able to travel as long as we have -- Shorter trips, shorter motorhomes & longer time at home are now our plans --
Old 10-23-2020, 10:48 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:

Bob
Yes Bob. Harry is “my brother from another mother”, and we all love him dearly.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 10:48 AM   #13

My 2000 Dynasty was built in Indiana.
Old 10-24-2020, 06:25 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Kramer View Post
My 2000 Dynasty was built in Indiana.
Wow Rusty, I did not see that coming. I thought until REV took over all the Dynasty's were built in Oregon. You learn something every day.

Bob