Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2019, 04:46 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Which RV Snap Pad for 08 HR Endeavor?

My 08 Endeavor is not at my home at this time and I would like to order a set ofRV Snap Pads.
I have the Power Gear leveling system with three jacks.
I know my jack feet are pretty big but donít know if they are 10 inch or 12 inches in diameter.
Is there anyone that has the same rig or a sister rig... Monaco Diplomat, that has installed these jack pads?
Or could someone tell me the diameter of their jack pads/feet?
Just trying to make sure I order the correct ones... I hate having to send stuff back.
Thank you in advance! Brian
Sheriffbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2019, 05:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriffbubba View Post
My 08 Endeavor is not at my home at this time and I would like to order a set ofRV Snap Pads.
I know my jack feet are pretty big but donít know if they are 10 inch or 12 inches in diameter.
Is there anyone that has the same rig or a sister rig... Monaco Diplomat, that has installed these jack pads?
Just trying to make sure I order the correct ones... I hate having to send stuff back.
I just did a little research and Lippert literature states all their jack pad feet are 10 inches diameter with an area of 78.5 square inches. My RVA JII 3 jack system has 8 inch diameter feet with an area of 50.3 sq. inches. My front GAWR is 13,300# requiring each square inch of the single front jack pad to support up to 264.4 pounds if loaded to GAWR. My front axle is only loaded to about 12,200# supporting 242.5# per square inch and it has punched deep holes in asphalt, even using the large Hosspads, without additional wood providing a larger footprint to spread the load.
Just looking at the Snap Pads makes me wonder if they add any significant area to the jack pad foot to help carry the load of the weight on the front axle especially if all the weight must be supported by the single front jack of a 3 jack system. My experience tells me no.
I love my Monaco but hate my 3 jack levelling system. Not only is it not up to the task it is a very necessary PITA to always have to position wooden pads under the hard to reach front jack.
I would advise you to do the math on your jacks, the front one especially, to determine how much weight you're asking each jack pad foot to support before pulling the trigger on any particular solution keeping in mind the more area of the footprint the better.
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:10 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I have had real good luck with Dica USA outrigger pads. They are rated 50,000 lbs.
RockyMtnRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 07:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnRide View Post
I have had real good luck with Dica USA outrigger pads. They are rated 50,000 lbs.
Are they rigid or flexible? My experience with Hosspads has taught me that flexible pads bend and concentrate all the weight on the footprint of the jack pad foot alone.
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
Old 04-30-2019, 06:27 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
Are they rigid or flexible? My experience with Hosspads has taught me that flexible pads bend and concentrate all the weight on the footprint of the jack pad foot alone.

I would describe them as rigid with the ability to bend and not break. If Iím on real soft dirt they will distort. When that happens I just turn them over the next time. Theyíre made out of some sort of fiberous plastic material. I bought mine before they started their RV Division. First discovered them when I had a contractor pouring concrete at my house and they needed a pump truck. Figured if they could handle a concrete pumping trucks outriggers they could handle my bus. I havenít been disappointed.
RockyMtnRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:26 AM   #6
YC1

I use my awning rod with the L bend on the end and a hole in my jack pads to push them under and retrieve them.

I am not that familiar with the pads being mentioned but my experience with plastic is they did not hold up. Nice if you have good smooth surfaces but rocks or a bit unlevel and they broke like toys.

My wood ones are holding up well after 8 years. Two pieces of 3/4 inch glued solidly together.
2016 Ford F150 Limited V6 with Ready Brake
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 11:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
I use my awning rod with the L bend on the end and a hole in my jack pads to push them under and retrieve them.

I am not that familiar with the pads being mentioned but my experience with plastic is they did not hold up. Nice if you have good smooth surfaces but rocks or a bit unlevel and they broke like toys.

My wood ones are holding up well after 8 years. Two pieces of 3/4 inch glued solidly together.
I plan on making my new jack pads out of marine grade plywood. The pads will all be round with a hole in the center so I can easily center them up under the jack pad foot with my extendable rod I use for the awnings, especially the hard to see and reach front jack.
The 2 rear pads will be 12" in diameter with a surface area of 113 sq. ins. while the front pad will be 14" in diameter with a surface area of 154 sq. ins. I haven't decided yet whether to cut my remaining Hosspads into 12" and 14" circles to use with the plywood pads. Maybe later.
Why circles instead of rectangles you might ask? The rear jacks are pretty easy to get to but the single jack in the front is hard to see, hard to reach and unless you have a long tool to position and remove the pads it requires getting under the coach. Even with a long pole or rod access is hindered by the steer tire and its mudflap.
I well know that pushing or pulling a rectangular piece of wood, plastic or rubber with a hook on the end of a rod can be likened to herding cats. Now I figure if I drill a hole in the center of a circular pad and insert the L shaped end into the hole I can position the pad fairly easily directly under the jack pad foot.
That's the theory anyway.
Old 04-30-2019, 11:14 AM   #8

Thanks for all of the great advice and suggestions. Iíve used several different jack pads over the years including wood, and hosspad type pads... After my research, I would like to get the Snap pads. I suspect that Iíll have to also use my wood jack pads in some spots.
Is there anyone that can tell me if the 3 jack Powergear jack feet are 12 inches in diameter? I think they are but wanted to be sure before I order.
Unfortunately, as I stated above my HR Endeavor is not accessible at this time... thanks again. Brian
Old 04-30-2019, 11:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Hi Sheriffbubba,

Power Gear jacks come almost exclusively in a bowl shaped 10" landing foot. If you have Power Gear brand jacks then the proper SnapPad version for you is SnapPad Prime.

As far as surface area you're in luck! SnapPad Primes add the most surface area of any SnapPad model compared to the original landing foot.

Allow me to explain.

The original landing foot is a bowl shape with a raised middle portion. See the attached image of a cross section of the foot. Meaning only a small area on the foot actually contacts the ground.

We'll quickly do the math using the cross section measurements.

OD = 57.47 sq/in
ID = 23.22 sq/in
Subtract them to get the surface area that contacts the ground
57.47 - 23.22 = 34.25 sq/in

SnapPad Prime Surface area
13.25 inch diameter Octagon = 145.44 sq/in

Subtract to get the increase in surface area that contacts the ground.
145.44 - 34.25 = 111.19 sq /in

Compared to the original surface area that contacts the ground.
111.19 / 34.25 = 3.246 (x100 to get the percentage of surface area increase) =
325% increase.

I know that's a lot of information however if I just told you it increases surface area by 325% you would want an explanation.

Finally, as I'm sure you know, the pads are made from recycled rubber so they conform and grip to uneven surfaces such as gravel. No issues with any kind of breakage to worry about.

Hopefully that helps. If you have any other questions you can PM us or send an email to info@rvsnappad.com.
Attached Images

RV SnapPad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:04 PM   #10

Thank you very much, I appreciate the information!
Old 05-01-2019, 09:53 AM   #11

Quote:
Thank you very much, I appreciate the information!
Our pleasure
RV SnapPad is offline   Reply With Quote