Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2022, 09:52 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
White interior roof water stains

Just wondering if someone has already had to remove a water stain from the white fabric ceiling from a water leak.
Thought I had a good seal around the Air Horn mountings but not good enough and this year we have a pretty bad stain. This one might have to be sprayed with a fabric dye but thought I’d ask and see what others might have done.
97 Dynasty that been in the family since new so all in all pretty decent shape.
Thanks in advance.
95monaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2022, 10:08 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Several years ago, someone posted a spray on product from Amazon that made the white fuzzy ceiling look new again. It had a strong odor and required going outside after using, but it really worked well. I can't find it in my order list as it's been too many years. Hopefully someone will remember exactly what it was.

I think it was this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GVRTZZJ...lig_dp_it&th=1
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 10:27 PM   #3

Oxyclean dissolved in water, sprayed on liberally and left for a bit and then blotted off, takes many stains out of ceiling fabric. Test it somewhere not overly noticeable first.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 10:29 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thks will have to check that one out.
Clearly some trial and error will be involved as I had tried some foaming carpet cleaner that really did nothing.
95monaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:24 AM   #5

Folex gets top votes and reviews here for ceilings . If you do a search you can't find many posts on same subject.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:10 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
What about these stains at the joints in the ceiling?
Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ceiling stains.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	341.0 KB
ID:	365796  
Old 05-17-2022, 02:20 PM   #7

ceiling stains

I have used Folex spray on carpet stains. Think hair balls from my cats. It can be purchased from Home Depot or their web site. Follow the directions and this should help you.
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaz View Post
Tim
Wow! That is indicative of an air leak! You see this all the time in the attics for homes that have a lighter covered insulation packed around the register boots in the attack where there is a gap between the boot and the Sheetrock that wasn’t sealed well.

Yours could be the result of differential air pressure while the coach is rolling down the road. Ceiling fabric makes for a pretty good air filter over time.
And while I didn’t check to see what your coach is, that sure looks like diesel exhaust (could be gas as well).
Strange differential air pressures occur when big boxes travel 60-70mph down the highway (think about that empty beer can thrown into the back of a pick ‘em up truck does - it just rolls up at the tailgate then speeds toward the cab of the truck before dropping back to the bed of the truck and starting the cycle all over again).

Old 05-17-2022, 11:04 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaz View Post
Tim
Tim while I’m not sure of the cause of those marks however they look like it’s on the seam of the 4 ft panel.
On our 97 Dynasty that my Dad bought new a few of the roof panel joints created those same marks.
So after a trip back to the factory at Coberg this is the Factory fix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3A40F4E9-C22F-4788-B6BD-3669BB19875A.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	365838  
Old 05-17-2022, 11:47 PM   #10

Had much the same markings on the ceiling of my 93, right at the seam. Air was passing through that seam, ceiling was filtering the dust out. Keep it very dry, hold a shop-vac hose against it for a bit. That took the bulk out, and I could wash out the rest easily.

(Decided to leave the seam as it was. I'll have to vacuum it out again in 28 years.)

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 11:07 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you guys. I will try the shop vacuum and if that does work I will be looking for some matching wood strips.

Tim
Old 05-18-2022, 11:24 PM   #12

Folex has been around a very long time. Used to us it back in my carpet cleaning days - way longer ago than I'd like to admit.

Oxy Clean will work too, as will any hydrogen peroxide based cleaner. LIGHTY spray and blot. Don't try to get the stain in one go. If you over wet, you can draw more stain from the base. Use a white rag to blot and use some pressure on the towel or rag. You'll see the stain transfer to the rag. Refold and blot with a fresh side. Resist the urge to scrub. If you do, be gentle because you don't want to damage the fibers. Let it dry and try again another day. Little by little the stain will get drawn out and the peroxide will bleach it too. Eventually with repeated light cleaning it will fade away or mostly away.

You can even use hydrogen peroxide you get at the drug store. Dilute it with some water and do the above steps. If you use anything with soap or detergent, follow up with plain water to remove soap residue or it will attract air born dirt.

With any bleaching liquid be careful for drips on fabric or carpet below. You don't want to bleached spots showing up later in a colored fabric or carpet.
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 05:15 PM   #13

White interior roof water stains

We just got through cleaning my sons motorhome that had grease and oil stains as well as some water stains on the hullliner material. It is actually very durable and we used good old simple green and a brush an then. A carpet extractor. Worked very well cleaned 95 percent off what was there
RDRKR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
interior, roof, water