Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2006, 04:01 PM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
I hate my Safari, so that makes me HATE MONACO to !!! No dealer service anywhere in my area, now that the warrenty is over I guess that's no big deal. Would I ever buy another MONACO product.........when PIGS FLY.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2006, 04:01 PM   #2

Mid Atlantic Campers
I hate my Safari, so that makes me HATE MONACO to !!! No dealer service anywhere in my area, now that the warrenty is over I guess that's no big deal. Would I ever buy another MONACO product.........when PIGS FLY.

Old 06-04-2006, 05:28 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Steve -

So we meet again (most recently of the WH A/C cooling problems). Sorry you having problems with your rv. Are they WH-related or the coach-part itself?

Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:01 AM   #4

Mid Atlantic Campers
Actualy it's a combination of both. Poor engineering on both parties part, compounded by a real lack of communication between them, resulting is a hodge podge of stupid issues that make this coach very displeasing. And to think a TREK was our dream coach, I think we were just about 10 yrs to late for the real Trek. Makes me wonder how much Monaco will screw up R-Vision ?

Old 06-09-2006, 10:15 AM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
see i'm not the only one that thinks this way. Noone but these 2 guys are posting in monaco, nobody else will buy one either. lol

Old 06-09-2006, 12:24 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jestme13:
Actually it's a combination of both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Steve, Workhorse delivered numerous P32 chassis throughout the industry and it's regrettable that your experience is what it is. Lots of folks here have clearly stated how pleased they are with their P32 and its integration with the coach body. Unfortunately you are an exception.

WCC does coordinate and consult with body builders on a continous basis and it's a given that the P32 "Wide Tracks" that were provided to one manufacturer are of the same excellent quality produced for others.

There is no lack of communication that I'm aware of and of course WCC stands behind their warranty regardless of OEM for 3 years or 36,000 miles.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:37 AM   #7

Sorry to hear of your problems with the Trek.

My experience with Monaco/Holiday Rambler has been very positive.

I do belive that the reason you see so few posts from Monaco products, on this board, is due to the fact that the product line was ignored by the moderators for so long.[Do a search,you'll soon see what I'm talking about]
BobFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:26 AM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

Bob, THANK YOU for supporting iRV2 and for participating in the Monaco forum!!

We've added several more "Owner" forums as well as the corresponding Chassis forums...

ENJOY!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:03 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BobFL:
I do belive that the reason you see so few posts from Monaco products, on this board, is due to the fact that the product line was ignored by the moderators for so long. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We didn't ignore it we were studying it to see if it would add value for our members.

I hope that you will find this new resource of benefit to the brand and its owners going forward.

Remember the "Karma" can now be set to "Monaco Coach Forum Member" if you would like the distinction.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:48 PM   #10

Mid Atlantic Campers
Driver, I'm glad to hear about them communicating. Maybe you could get them to communicate just a little bit more to decide where I should drop this DUTCH OVEN off. I figure something must be wrong with my coach due to the fact that no other Trek P32's ever seem to complain about the unbarable heat in the cab area. I sure would appreciate anything you and WCC could do to help me out here !

Oh bye the way my portable 13,000 btu ac unit has just arrived. $414. not $1500. unit.

Old 07-19-2006, 10:51 AM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Steve,

We've got a 2003 Trek and it was also extremely hot in the area near the dash. We took it back to the dealer 3 times before we really got any improvement. There was no sealant between the "house" and the "chassis".

I took a flourescent "trouble light" and placed it in many places in the engine compartment area and then looked under the dash to see where the light was coming in. At those locations I tried to put some silicone sealant but the job was really bigger than that.

Finally, on the 3rd trip to the dealer, they used 3 cans of 'spray foam' which is an expandable product. They foamed all over. It has helped about 90 to 95 % but there is still some warm air coming from the engine compartment into the area under the dash via various cracks that should have been sealed at the factory.

Good Luck,

Mike and Mike
'03 2610 Trek
Mike & Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:02 AM   #12

Mid Atlantic Campers
Maybe it's the chassis I really hate