Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2008, 05:02 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Bummer....first time we have had the MH out since last January, trying to go through a fairly tight fit gate with brick posts on each side and a sharp right turn required, I misjudged and hit the right side brick post....soooo on the way home from the FMCA rally we attended, I dropped it at the collision center to get fixed. They tell me at least 60 days until they get it back...(when I do something, I really do it!!!) I can't even blame Gloria for this one.... On a positive note, I guess this is makeup for not spending any money on the MH all year!!!
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2008, 05:02 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Bummer....first time we have had the MH out since last January, trying to go through a fairly tight fit gate with brick posts on each side and a sharp right turn required, I misjudged and hit the right side brick post....soooo on the way home from the FMCA rally we attended, I dropped it at the collision center to get fixed. They tell me at least 60 days until they get it back...(when I do something, I really do it!!!) I can't even blame Gloria for this one.... On a positive note, I guess this is makeup for not spending any money on the MH all year!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey, I know a bit of how you feel. You have to get those back wheels past the ob-stack-els or you hurt something..mostly your pride and your pocket. I hit a low rock wall that I misjudged with my new rig while making a right turn. Scratched up the bottom of two doors underneath the coach. Minor stuff that will be fixed by the end of the week. Could have been worse..there was a two foot drop on the other side of the rock! If I had not reversed my turn and backed up it would have been murder on the rear end.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Whoo hoo! I was hoping for a Misery Loves Company thread!! Here is mine

--kev

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Good one Digg! Looks alot like mine!!! It was interesting...at the FMCA rally we were at after my encounter with the brick post, almost everyone at the rally came clean and shared their crunch stories (trying to make me feel better?)......since Ithere was absolutly no way I could blame Gloria, after much thought, I have decided to blame our dog Sammy....I think he passed gas, causing me to momentarily close my eyes, and bam...hit the post.
That's my story!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 05:30 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to gonzo
c'mon.....roll of duct tape and a sheet of plywood and it will look almost new again.

Sorry to hear, I am happy every time I am parked again. Don't get me wrong, I luv to ride the coach, but I am kind off nervous to get damage somewhere becasue od me. If my wife does it that is OK at least I have somebody to yell and blame at.
gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:17 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
My best investment has been a set of FRS walkie talkies. My DW does most of the driving, and I am always happy to grab one of the radios and jump out and run around and make sure we don't hit anything. The radios sit on the floor by the door, in their charger. I am always amazed at what can not be seen from the driver's seat.
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote