Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2018, 09:00 PM   #1

WiFi booster installation

All -

Good evening from California. I was looking into getting a WFIF booster similar to the Winegard Connect 2.0 or similar device. Looking into the products, it seems they need 12v DC power connection. I have an 08 Diplomat 40SKQ and I’m wondering if there is a place where I can tap into the 12v DC power in the front audio visual cabinet?

If this is posted elsewhere, I apologize...coundlnt find anything.
Cooper.phill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2018, 01:53 AM   #2

Cooper.phill-

It's always a stretch when the coach models don't match, but here goes...

Our coaches are the same year, same manufacturer (Monaco). Monaco used similar house wiring harnesses in its models. I was able to find, in the compartment to the left of the A/V cabinet (that is, the one above the driver-side window) a two-wire, connectorized, always-on unused 12V harness connection. It was wound up inside the front end of that compartment, near the top of the A-pillar.

That connection originated in the Front Distribution Panel (FDP), which is inside the black plastic box in the front-most driver-side storage bay. The house battery disconnect (a.k.a., "salesman") switch turned it on and off. I did not want that to happen (our Windows server does not like having its power suddenly shut off), so I rewired inside the FDP such that the connection bypasses the disconnect switch. It was easy to do, and fully reversible.

If you can't find a similar available connector in the A/V area, you may be able to tie into the antenna booster/amplifier 12V source. The amplifier plate should be inside the A/V cabinet.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:29 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Hope Mark's info helps you!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:07 PM   #4
YC1

Welcome:

Look in the cabinet above the driver. There may be a multi CD changer with power wiring there. I dumped my changer too many years ago to remember. I don't remember if that is where I grabbed the source for all the 12 volt things I have in that overhead cabinet above the dash.

I also removed the dividers between the cabinets up front. Cooling in that area was zilch and I added a vent and some fans. Somewhere on this forum is a ton of pictures posted by me.

We have the 2008 Endeavor SKQ and have ton hundreds of modifications. Most recently changed the refer.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:10 PM   #5

Thanks! I would luv to see the posts & pics on your upgrades.
Cooper.phill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:32 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Just an FYI

I use a Wilson cell booster (works great by the way) and it can run on either 120 or 12 volt. They provide you with both.

BIG CAUTION; When looking to purchase, go direct to the manufacturer!!!!! When you first google this device, you will end up with sites like Wilson Amplifier, Wilson Signal Booster, etc. Go to Weboost (https://www.weboost.com/). They are the mfg. I got tricked and purchased through Wilson Amplifier. They provide the same booster but different antennas that are not as good as the ones supplied by Weboost. I found out when I call Wilson Amplfiers for tech support and the guy transferred me to Weboost!!!!!!. There I found that they provided both internal and external antennas that we not of the same power was what the mfg recommends. I was stunned that they were using (at the time) Wilson's name in there company name/advertising. I pointed this out to customer service at Weboost (note that they changed their name from Wilson to Weboost) and to my amazement, they sent me new antennas and cables AT NO COST!!!!!. Now that is customer service and I applaud them for their actions. Great product, great customer service from the mfg, great experience.
Rfriebert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, wifi