Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2010, 05:03 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Will Monaco work on my 2005 coach???

My wife abd I had a brainstorm which brought about this question. We love our coach but know that with the addition of our new baby we will need/want bunks beds in the near future. we have looked around and not found any bunkhouse versions that were as nice as our coach is,except for when we were in oreagon at marathon having work done on dads coach but we are not spending that kind of money yet. Anyway last night on eBay we found another Monaco coach that was a custom floorplan with the bunks in the forward drivers slide. That's were our euro chair and desk are which we find is a waste of space, so the question is will Monaco do after the build custom work as we would only want to do it if it comes out looking "factory". Sorry for the long post!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #2

We just came from the Coburg service center, great guys. Call and ask them! They do a lot of different work there including collision repair. They're getting ready to do a $100K job on a nearly new '38 Dynasty Jack that went over a cliff along the Oregon coast . I would think putting in a couple of bunk beds would be a snap compared to that Dynasty!

If not, I'm sure they could recommend someone in the Eugene area that could. There is also an RV outfitter in Bend, OR that does custom work. Google "RV Outfitter Bend Oregon".
Snowman 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:08 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Beaverfamily....They just built a cabinet door for my 05 Diplomat. It was a perfect match. I would call and ask them.

Monaco uses real would and Sherwin Williams stain if you look for someone local. For a job the size you are talking, I think I would look for a cabinet maker that could make the beds fold up and look like a cabinet and then fold down into a bed.

You could also put a jackknife sofa in with a cabinet above. The cabinet could fold out as an upper bunk. The ladder could hidden in the cabinet doors and the doors could open out and be the supports for the bed when it's down. Just some ideas.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:49 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
Beaverfamily....They just built a cabinet door for my 05 Diplomat. It was a perfect match. I would call and ask them.

Monaco uses real would and Sherwin Williams stain if you look for someone local. For a job the size you are talking, I think I would look for a cabinet maker that could make the beds fold up and look like a cabinet and then fold down into a bed.

You could also put a jackknife sofa in with a cabinet above. The cabinet could fold out as an upper bunk. The ladder could hidden in the cabinet doors and the doors could open out and be the supports for the bed when it's down. Just some ideas.

Thanks Don, Great information to know!!!!