Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2018, 08:58 AM   #57

I not sure what you mean “make available to you guys “ but I sure would like to purchase a DP-203 red and a DP- 203 black. Can you please let me know how to order them. Thank You. Skip Thompson 308-641-1851 or skipbobbi@gmail.com
nehusker33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2018, 09:29 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsigler View Post
I finally finished fabricating both single pane and dual pane latches. K7JV was kind enough to test the first one on his dual pane installation. We found some slight interference that had to be corrected, but everything is good to go now. I am including allen wrenches with each one because they will come un-assembled in order to get them to fit in a Priority envelope (see third pic). I will give you guys first crack at the extras before I throw them up on Ebay and Amazon where the price will be higher to cover Ebay's and Amazon's "commission". Private message me if you are interested.

I would like to purchase one each of the larger latches. Thank You Skip Thompson
nehusker33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:24 PM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
I sure would like to purchase a few DP- 203 black. Can you please let me know how to order them. Thank You. mopar528@carolina.rr.com
Busnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:50 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busnut View Post
I sure would like to purchase a few DP- 203 black. Can you please let me know how to order them. Thank You. mopar528@carolina.rr.com

It took some doing, but we finally got an online site setup at Pacific Northwest Tooling to handle ordering.
jwsigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:56 AM   #61

Just found this thread and am enjoying it; I've looked at making 3d prints of these sliding latches before (I've replace one already) but haven't gotten to it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduggs View Post
Have you repaired the locking mechanism for the small windows the move up and down? My two bedroom slide windows and front passenger window do not stay up, due to the sliding lock being broken off. Any ideas on repairing?
PDUGS, I've been able to 3d print replacements for mine vertical sliding latches. I've printed a couple replacements and they are functional, but the material I'm using isn't quite as good as the original plastic. I've had one fail on a warm day while it was in direct sun (it started to soften and bend over). However, they are pretty easy to print a few extras to have around, and I've got it "on my list" to try some different filament materials.

See the pics for one of my first ones; the 3d printed one is the gray one, between two originals in black.

BTW, I carry a small 3d printer in my RV, just to play around with, but one of my goals was to be able to make parts for the RV. There is a lot of 15 year old plastic that is getting hard and breaking in our coach.

If you've got access to a 3d printer, I've shared my model on Thingiverse , but haven't thought about producing these commercially. But maybe we can come to a deal for a few small quantities.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170511_174111.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	196213   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170511_174117.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	196214  

jreich888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:19 PM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
Jwsigler,

Received mine today. Looks great! Will install it this weekend.

Thanks!

Paul
pwhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:33 PM   #63

Monaco Owners Club
Jwswigler,

I also ordered 2 latched today. Looking forward to installing it.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:39 AM   #64

Glad to hear that the USPS is doing their job. Please let me know how the installation goes. A lot of times one misses steps in writing installation instructions because you think the step is self-evident.

I also see where people are talking about the vertical window latch DH343CK. A quick internet search found one website where these latches are supposedly still available for about $10; otherwise, I would suggest working with someone to possible make aluminum replacement ones. I get a gut feeling that these latches have to flex in order to function, but maybe a bimetal deign that is mostly aluminum but with a spring steel insert to provide the flexing. Of course is these latches are still available for $10 that would be the best solution.
jwsigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:24 AM   #65

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsigler View Post
Glad to hear that the USPS is doing their job. Please let me know how the installation goes. A lot of times one misses steps in writing installation instructions because you think the step is self-evident.

I also see where people are talking about the vertical window latch DH343CK. A quick internet search found one website where these latches are supposedly still available for about $10; otherwise, I would suggest working with someone to possible make aluminum replacement ones. I get a gut feeling that these latches have to flex in order to function, but maybe a bimetal deign that is mostly aluminum but with a spring steel insert to provide the flexing. Of course is these latches are still available for $10 that would be the best solution.
My small vertical windows have the spring loaded latch that is suppose to hold the window up. You raise the window by pressing a lever in the center of the window and the spring loader stopper catches on a raised metal edge along the window frame at several locations, holding up the window. Sorry for the terminology I am using, as I don't know the proper words.

If I was at the coach I would take a picture.

Can't I buy replacements for the broken stopper/latch or must I buy the Atwood DH343CK, which appears to be a window prop???
Old 03-23-2018, 04:16 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduggs View Post
My small vertical windows have the spring loaded latch that is suppose to hold the window up. You raise the window by pressing a lever in the center of the window and the spring loader stopper catches on a raised metal edge along the window frame at several locations, holding up the window. Sorry for the terminology I am using, as I don't know the proper words.

If I was at the coach I would take a picture.

Can't I buy replacements for the broken stopper/latch or must I buy the Atwood DH343CK, which appears to be a window prop???
The part in my pictures (aka DH343CK) sounds very different than yours. My windows have a frame mounted catch (the plastic part I posted a pic of) that snaps to the top lip of the lower window when you slide it up. This is only used in holding the window open; there is a rotating latch (like the main one being discussed in this thread) in the center of the top lip to lock the window closed.

My 03 Windsor has four vertical windows like this using the catch on one side only plus a wider vertical window that uses the catch on both sides. Additionally, there are five horizontal sliding windows using the rotating catch. I haven't seen a window catch like you're describing, so can't help you with that.

Hope that helps.
Jason.
jreich888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:49 PM   #67

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
For those with 3D printers, print with ABS or PETG, PLA will not take the sun.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:08 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt_1111 View Post
For those with 3D printers, print with ABS or PETG, PLA will not take the sun.

Used ABS, not durable enough it broke last test.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:25 AM   #69

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
On the one I printed (100% infill), i used where the two surfaces meet support arches and also have the filament cross the joint instead of traveling along it. Hopefully that made sense .
Old 03-24-2018, 08:57 AM   #70

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Received some pla(red) and petg (black) a week ago. The black is a win-win latch.Click image for larger version

Name:	1521903398285.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	196573Click image for larger version

Name:	1521903398285.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	196573

Tags
window