Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Cool Window Vent Question

We have a gently used 2006 HR Ambassador 40DFD, and while cleaning the windows today I noticed that all of the windows have double "slots" in the bottom of the window frame that appear to be vents - Two of the windows have small plastic covers (that are loose) in some of the openings. The black plastic covers are embossed "Atwood Mobile Products". I went to the Atwood web site, but could find no info on these vents & covers. I was going to search the forum, but I really don't know what there are called. My questions - What are these slots, and are they supposed to have the plastic covers? If I need them, does anyone have a source, and how do I keep them in place so they won't vibrate or fall out?
Thanks in advance from a new member - Have been lurking on this site for months and learned a lot of info from the knowledgeable members.

Gary & Debi
azstork is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2009, 05:13 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Gary -- Those are weep holes, & are nessary to drain water from the window frame -- If not there, water would enter your coach -- The plastic covers are there to keep the holes from whistling when you are underway -- Put a small amount of silicone on the tabs to keep them from falling off-- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 05:14 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The slots are drain slots for the windows to keep water from building up in the window track. The plastic covers are to prevent wind noise. High end Monacos have the covers on all windows the lower end are only on the front drivers and passenger window and door. I got replacements at the Elkhart facility a year ago. I was told that you can call Atwood and order them. I used a small drop of Super Glue at each end to hold mine in.
Gordon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 05:42 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Forgot to mention. The covers are made right hand and left hand.
Gordon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 05:44 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Gary -- I forgot to mention that there are left & right weep hole covers - They come in packages of 5 or so -- Probably, any Monaco dealer will have them -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:58 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
For future reference---if anyone needs parts for Holiday Rambler windows the contact at the new location is Sue Phillips ---574-264-3131 ext. 136.