Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2007, 01:13 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Last week while at lake Powell the windshield (single glass) lifted out of the seal and folded back on the road side top corner. Thankfully, it did not break. Fortunately, I was able to reseat the seal back over the windshield but now have roadnoise. Since only about 6 inches of the seal was effected I'm tempted to reseal with 3M Urethane sealant myself. Is this wise or should I take the coach to a glass shop and have them reseal?

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2007, 01:13 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Last week while at lake Powell the windshield (single glass) lifted out of the seal and folded back on the road side top corner. Thankfully, it did not break. Fortunately, I was able to reseat the seal back over the windshield but now have roadnoise. Since only about 6 inches of the seal was effected I'm tempted to reseal with 3M Urethane sealant myself. Is this wise or should I take the coach to a glass shop and have them reseal?

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Old 10-10-2007, 02:03 PM   #3

Isn't it (the coach portion) under Monaco warranty?
Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:06 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
The tech support guy I talked to said not but I think I'm going to call again. He said it was not considered part of the coach.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Old 10-10-2007, 03:26 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I don't know why you can use the sealant yourself...frankly, that's what the glass shop would use....
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:00 AM   #6
Retired Senior Member

When mine popped out of the seal, the guys at the shop told me it had been seated too "shallow". It appears that they worked the gasket away from the body just a smidge in order to get more seating depth for the glass.
RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:29 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
If'n there's any way you can get it to one of the Monaco Service Centers, I'd sure do that. Or get Monaco to point you to one of their better dealers (sometimes an oxymoron, I know) and let them look at it. I'm not saying you can't/shouldn't do it, just that if it was me I'd rather try to let the 'experts' take the brunt if possible.

Windshield concerns seem to be getting more than their fair-share of scrutiny of late, and I do know Monaco has taken quite an interest in following-thru on the issues. As RonNBama said, there have been some installation problems and I think it'd be better to let them make the call on it before you just try to re-seal it yourself. If you try it and the problem gets worse, you'll now have a much bigger job (and repair bill) to worry about.

Besides, if they all decline you can still do it anyways. I'm sure 'Bama would bring his chain-saw, and I know SacsTC is busy helping MonacoMama, but I bet he'd lend an 8# hammer if you asked.

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:37 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Thanks for the ideas. We are planning a trip to the southeast this winter and think the Monaco Service Center may be wise advise Ronboc and will begin a paper trail with Monaco and start putting pressure on them to fix their know problem regardless of the 3 months past the 12 month warranty. We ran into some rain after the windshield incident without any observed leaking. I can always use the East Texas Improvised Enhancement Device (duct take) if need be.

I'm beginning to think the auto levelers are perhaps too aggressive and correct too much at one time. The coach was low on the road side at Wahweap campground and the auto leveler just barely placed the front jack down first and then went full blast with the roadside rear jack. I don't think the front jack was engaged enough to provide a pivot point and there was still too much weight on the front suspension.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Old 10-11-2007, 06:58 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I thought it was just my levelers that go crazy at times. I'm leery of them too, I feel more comfortable using the manual function instead (auto-function often doesn't get it as level, either).

ETIED? heh-heh-heh, good one. Wife is from E-Tex, she'll love that one. I've also heard it as "Oklahoma Chrome".

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote