Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2021, 08:14 PM   #1

Windshield popping out on Corners when leveling

Windshield pop out when leveling create a Gap not for sure how to fix problem had windshield taken out and reinstalled problem still persist 1999 Monaco diplomat any suggestions would be appreciated
Bmeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2021, 09:29 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
The windshield needs to be properly installed by an experienced motor home glass installer. Probably also need a new gasket.
I'd recommend these guys:
https://www.rvglassexperts.com/promo...RoCopkQAvD_BwE

Then carefully follow the leveling instructions (lower the front jack first).
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 10:22 PM   #3

I had a brand new Diplomat in 2002 and when trying to level on pretty unlevel ground it popped out. I had the tripod system (one in front 2 in back) they acknowledged a problem back then
Theturboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:44 AM   #4

Are you leveling manually, or is there a auto level button you are using?
In my experience, what you describe could be due to improper leveling sequence. In my diesel w/air suspension coaches, I always dump the air suspension, and then using the front level button make sure the front of the coach comes up 1 or 2 inches. After the front is up, then, and only then I use the rear legs to level the coach. This allows the front to pivot and prevents twisting the frame.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:00 AM   #5

I have never tried auto out of fear of of popping the WS. Front lifted a bit. My butt has a pretty good bubble level. I have hit within a tenth degree each way on the phone app before.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 10:34 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Unfortunately, the long wheelbase Coaches (like my 42ft Beaver) will crack the windshield if the Coach goes out of level. Mine did twice now (and I had the glass installed by the company listed above with a new gasket after the first cracking).

This time I just had the Coach parked at my home (did not use it at all in 2020 due to the COVID thing). I left it in auto-level mode (air leveling), then months later noticed it was slightly dipping at the front left - which is when I noticed the glass had cracked in the corner.

The auto leveling did not do its thing (it is plugged in to shore power) and the HWH air compressor should have kicked on to keep the air bags full - but something didn't work. Maybe I should dump all the air and just let it sit at its lowest while parked for storage next time.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 02:20 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
My HWH book says the system (air only) levels +/- 1 degree so I do mine manually.

Tim

Tags
leveling, wind, windshield