Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2017, 12:33 AM   #1

Windshield Replacement

The windshield of my Holiday Rambler Neptune has a large crack. Does anyone know of a qualified shop in Washington State. I live on Whidbey Island so something north of Seattle would be ideal. I am hoping to get it done properly without driving several hundred miles.

Barry
barrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2017, 04:49 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Contact your insurance agent, they usually know.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:00 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
If you are an FCMA member I believe they have a new windshield replacement discount like there Michelin tire program.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:04 AM   #4

I just had mine replaced due to a stress crack. The local Binswanger glass people did the work. They came and measured then ordered the glass from Duncan Systems. Took about a week for it to come in. Did the work under my carport and brought five guys. All costs covered by insurance and I've never seen a bill and they did great work.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:16 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
I just had mine replaced due to a stress crack. The local Binswanger glass people did the work. They came and measured then ordered the glass from Duncan Systems. Took about a week for it to come in. Did the work under my carport and brought five guys. All costs covered by insurance and I've never seen a bill and they did great work.

Curious what insurance you have wildtoad that covered the entire cost? Thanks.
Tjclarke696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 08:47 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I had my windshield replaced and my insurance took care of it (Grange Insurance). They in turn contracted with Duncan who hired a local company to replace. I did have a problem with it shifting about 1 year later, I was in Florida where Duncan had a large warehouse and made arrangements for them to pull and reseat, didn't get charged a thing.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:24 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I had mine replaced twice last year only a month apart. I had glass coverage and ins. paid it all, but did raise my rates. Duncan Systems did both replacements, and I'm pretty sure if you call them they will have a local contractor to do the job.
monacojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:29 AM   #8

monacojim, how much did they raise your rates by??

I had my windshield replaced last fall and am now wondering what I can look forward to.
OldBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:21 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBeaver View Post
monacojim, how much did they raise your rates by??

I had my windshield replaced last fall and am now wondering what I can look forward to.
They raised them about $400. Probably because I had two replacements. I caught a rock, and then only a month later, a hailstorm broke the same windshield again !
monacojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:32 PM   #10

You lucky Dogs! I had my windshield pop out and insurance considered it 'Wear and Tear" since it wasn't broken and I couldn't tell them the exact time or reason it happen.. **Lesson Learned.......I have a company coming to reset it tomorrow!
Jfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 02:31 PM   #11

I don't know about "lucky". LOL
Mine happened in Florida although the RV is registered in Montana.
When I called I learned that Florida requires the insurance companies to pay full replacent for glass damage. I had another small damage from the incident and the adjuster advised me to waive that. If the claim is glass only the 100% coverage.

If it has other things then the $1000 deductible kicks in.
The other damage should be lot less that $1,000. When the RV sat in that ditch it bottomed out and separated 2 body panels behind behind the rear wheel. Nothing is cracked. The panels just need to be pushed back in place, caulked and screwed together and trim that covers the seam snapped back in place.
Right now the RV is in storage over 1000 miles from me so I have not had a chance to repaired.
OldBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:35 PM   #12

Hi Barry; You can call RV Glass Solutions in Colburg, Oregon. They have an extensive network of people that do glass work. Had my drivers side window replaced when we were in Colburg. Saw a lot of owners with windshield problems in Monaco's getting their front glass replaced while we were there. They did a top notch job on my 01 Windsor. You could give them a call just to see what they say and I don't think you would need to go to Oregon. They have a very nice web site. I would check it out. Some of the best glass work I have had done at a reasonable price. Good luck!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement