Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2015, 07:32 PM   #1

Windsor black tank

Hi 05 Windsor, getting the odd drip from under the holding tanks on our Windsor. Coach is stored at the moment with a month to go till we get back to the Moho.
Looking for any experience on perhaps replacing or removing for repair a pair of stacked holding tanks. Figure I will need to do something as the leak appears to be up high at the top of the tank service compartment. Anybody got a story to tell of what to expect? Is the black tank on top of the white or the other way around?
It is possible that I have a water line leak somewhere in the coach as well. There hasn't,t been enough leakage to determine if it is grey or black water. When I get back I will try shutting off the various manoblock runs to see if it is a fresh water line. Then turn them on one at a time to see if it shows which run it might be.
I will also pull the toilet to look for any leakage around the seal and replace either way. Any other thoughts?
The coach is completely drained while we are away so it should be dried when we get back.
D Barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2015, 10:29 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
On many Monaco coaches, there is a fixed panel on the curb side directly opposite from the road side wet bay compartment door. If you look closely, one side of this panel is hinged similarly to all of the compartment doors, and the opposite side is held closed by some tabs, screws, angle brackets, or some combination of them. If you can remove the screws or bend the tabs holding the panel in place, you can usually swing it open like any other compartment. This will usually give you a great view of the tanks and many of the connections. This should make it much easier to find the source of the drip, and hopefully will give you sufficient access to repair it.

Good luck!
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:40 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
All the panels can be opened. The ones with no door latch have a couple
of screws on tabs on the bottom of the door.
The good thing about the Monaco water lines is that there are NO connections
between the manoblock to the end. It is a complete line.

I would start with looking at the toilet seal then go from there.
If you have a washer/dryer, check the connections.

Do the easy stuff first.
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:17 PM   #4

Thanks for the thoughts, just the amount of the leakage, (a little) makes me think toilet seal. The other possibility is up high on the toilet drain, only leaking when flushing. Yuk!
D Barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:42 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
On my Windsor the passenger side wet bay compartment has a door on it that I can open. The Gray and the Black tank are stacked on top of the fresh water. There is a heavy shelf installed above the fresh water tank that the others sit on. Because of this it may be difficult to tell where the leak is coming from and which tank it is coming from.

I believe all of the connections to the tanks are welded on, meaning you would have to cut each and then be able to recouple them back together after the repair. The drain connections would have to be cut on the drivers side. Removing either tank would be a chore.

Before I would attempt to remove I'd try to confirm where the leak may be. Possibly adding a different color dye to the water put in the tanks and then just driving around to see if you can determine which one is leaking.

Also, I would check your pee traps on any sinks located above this compartment to confirm you don't have a leak there. This includes the shower or tub, I had a leak on the trap under the shower that would drip down into the wet bay compartment.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:34 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
The one other possibility is if you have an icemaker in your fridge.
The small line gets very brittle with the heat of the fridge and cracks'
The drip will be in the same area.
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank