Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2020, 03:57 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Winter Storage

2007 Monaco Camelot 42pdq is inside on concrete. I'm leaving it for the winter until at least April. I've got 2 small electric heaters inside and 2 in the basement.
I put new batteries in it and want them to still be good when we get back from Florida. It's plugged into 50 amps.

Magnum inverter says 12.7 volts, not charging. Right now I have the yellow flip handle to off in the compartment rearwards of the battery compartment on the passenger side, this seems to kill all the lights and the radio light.

I didn't turn off the "salesman switch" or the chassis and house battery cut offs in the engine compartment.

The inverter charger light is blinking. 12.7 volts 0 amps.

Can I leave it this way for the winter?

We're taking the fifth wheel to Florida Friday. We will be coming back in a week or so to pick up our box trailer with golf cart, etc. so I will check on it then for the final time.

Just wanting to make sure I'm doing the right things.

Also just thought of it, the batteries say charged on the inverter panel yet the monitor panel in the wet bay and also on the wall above the inverter panel (the one that shows tanks and battery) shows the battery as low. I don't understand this.

Thanks again.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2020, 07:26 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
[moderator edit]

On the topic of heaters, what type are you using? Are you considering leaving temporary electric heaters in your coach for an extended period of time unattended? Personally, I’ve never been comfortable leaving electric heaters unattended, for fire safety reasons. But perhaps I’m a bit on the overly cautious side when it comes to our coach.

Just some thoughts that came to mind. All the best with winterizing and safe travels down south!

Josh
Our 2001 Signature Repairs & Upgrades Thread
JJTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 07:30 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Personally, I would not have unattended heaters in anything either. What if there's a spike, a short or something that causes one or any of them to catch fire & you burn the place down? Do you have enough insurance to cover that?

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 06:42 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Sounds like the yellow flip handle is the house batteries disconnect. I’d leave it turned on do the charger can charge the batteries.
Does it have AquaHot?
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 07:01 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
May be better off just charging them right up, then pulling the ground cable.
Old 12-02-2020, 06:51 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Folks, this thread is about batteries & using heaters when in storage. All tire care discussions have been removed to a new thread. Please keep on topic.

Thank you.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 11:33 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I didn't see where you drained and winterized... or were you are as far as temps...
is the garage heated ? what if there is a power outage...

gas furnace set at 45 or so is best especially if it heats the basement...
open cabinets and doors... good luck

and on the subject of tires.....
(kidding Lori )

Tags
storage, winter