Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2021, 04:31 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
This may help:

Interesting chart. Evidently the Nuclear and Coal were outputting their max thru the worst period, but the coal dropped off around the 15th; wondering if that was transportation related. Nat.gas generation's ups and downs may have been related to the reported problems with the pumping systems. It would be valuable information to know if those peaks represented their max capacity, or not.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2021, 04:34 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Evidently there wee a lot of records broken in the US. https://www.accuweather.com/en/winte...is-week/901350
Old 02-19-2021, 07:46 AM   #31

Wind produced 19% more power than forecasted for this time of the year through the entire cold spell. If my business was making 19% more than forecasted this time of year I'd be jumping for joy not talking nonsense and showing cherry picked graphs to my employees about how much we suck.

Back on topic we turned the generator in the first time tuesday morning at -2f. It started up on the third crank. Luckily we only needed to run for a few hours and then the power never turned off after that.
Old 02-20-2021, 04:43 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Well, the sun is shining, the snow is melting and we are headed back to normal where I live.

The coach was a life boat --we would have survived with out it, but it would have been uncomfortably cold. As it was, we had no water in the coach because I'd winterized it a few days before because the temp was going to be so low. Luckily we didn't lose water in the house and the hot water heater even continued to work when we had no electricity. We prepared meals in the RV and took the dishes into the house to wash them. We could also take warm showers even though it was pretty cold when you turned the water off!

I learned I need to fill the propane tank when we return from a trip. It was about 60 percent full after out last trip in October and that was more than enough to get us through the three days with no electricity. I wonder how long you can run a generator on one tank of fuel? I normally top off the fuel tank when we return so we had plenty of diesel for the generator.
Old 02-20-2021, 08:43 PM   #33

Glad to hear things are getting back to somewhat normal and you made it through ok, I hear its a real mess down there. My 10k Onan uses less than .5 gal/hr depending on load, I think its usually around .35 gph running two AC's, the fridge, and some lights etc.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:05 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
This may help:

Say, interesting graph. I didn't get the chance to look at it very carefully before, dealing with freeze-issues. But then I went to the EIA website to look for more info and graphs like this one, but could not find.

Do you have the URL of where graph is in EIA website?
Old 02-28-2021, 02:56 PM   #35

You have really had some major winter problems. Best of luck to you.
Anbocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:52 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Dennis, looks like ya survived just fine. I hope your pipes managed without issues as well. I have a 2000 Dynasty and being a FL guy have never winterized. This winter I moved to western NC and although we had a few cold days with lows in the low 20's early morning it usually warmed up during the day into the 30's/40's. I blew air into my water inlet and opened galley sink faucets, closed em then opened head faucet and finally the shower faucet..... I won't know if this worked for me till I fill up my fresh water tanks but I did leave all faucets opened so any freezing that might have occurred should have been tolerable. I've enjoyed my first winter in NC thus far. Best of luck to you.
denforent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 05:34 AM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
I was stranded away from the coach and home during the freeze-scheduled-power shutdowns. Had left the house and coach thermostats at 45 degrees but was able to raise house during the hour & 1/2 when power was on to compensate for heat losses when power was shut off using Honeywell WiFi Therm. (Honeywell and others make thermostats which eneble remote control via internet from cellphones or computer.) That could not be done with the coach therm. Had a couple of breaks which are now fixed. We were lucky since others in Comal county area had days of outages due to power lines down, etc.

Looking at putting in WiFi remote control thermostat... there are a few advertising... Micro-Aire, Zedly and maybe others... will start searching for more info.

Tags
winter