RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2015, 02:38 PM   #1

Winterization System

Hello fellow RV'ers. Have a 2006 Camlot with automatic winterization system. Coach is new to me just got it. Need to get this issue fixed. Read owners book and I am confused. Called Monaco no help. Live in WA getting cold. Also have hydro hot heating system.

Thanks for any help, Mike

Monaco2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2015, 02:44 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Need more information. Whats broken .

Old 11-03-2015, 02:55 PM   #3

Nothing is broke. Just need info on how to winterize the coach. I guess fixed was a bad word. LOL
Monaco2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:22 PM   #4

I don't have the system, and am happy with that.
You will have a holding tank for the pink plumbing antifreeze, likely behind the wet bay service panel. You will probably need to crawl into the storage bay directly in front of the wet bay compartment, remove a couple of screws, then remove the access panel which will give you access to fill this tank.
Drain your fresh water tank, open the two low point drains ( in the botom corner of the water bay). Turn on your water pump and go to each faucet one at a time, opening the hot and cold, to drain the water from the lines. Also the toilet and sprayer.
You likely have a switch or lever in your wet bay to turn on the auto winterization. Close your low point drains or it will probably just pump all your antifreeze out there. Go to each faucet and open them till you get a stream of pink antifreeze out of each.
You will probably need to fill the holding tank more than once.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:57 PM   #5

Here's a recent thread you may want to read...

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/auto...on-268380.html

It's a poorly designed system, and I'm sure the proccess goes much quicker without it.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:06 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
After I eliminated my antifreeze holding tank and installed a new pick up hose, the auto winterization system is great. All I have to do is drain the fresh water system, flip the switch on the panel, put the pickup hose in the bottle of antifreeze, turn on the water pump and let it do it's thing. Open all the faucets inside the coach, both hot & cold, until the pink stuff comes out then close them. Do the shower and toilet also and don't forget the outside shower if you have one. This will also winterize the Aquahot system.

If you have a water filter system, you can remove the filter from it and just let the canister fill with antifreeze. Or you can make a bypass hose for it like I did, then you just have to open the canister and remove the filter so it doesn't freeze.
Be sure to winterize your ice maker and water dispenser, if you have them.

Good luck,

Greg
gnlandrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:24 AM   #7

Greg, thats exactly the way those of us that dont have the 'Auto Winterization system' do it ! The pickup hose is already there. You just turn a couple of valves while your in removing the water filter.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:29 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Yeah, I hate to admit it BUT, if my coach didn't already have the "FANCY" auto system, I sure wouldn't spend the $$ to install it. It was a MAJOR PITA to install that pickup hose and cap off the tank. I'm 6'7, 255lbs and an old guy. Crawling in and out of that storage compartment was not easy !! LOL !!
Works great and I don't get confused by all those valves ....

Greg
Old 11-06-2015, 10:40 AM   #9

Am I correct in saying the holding tank that is in there, is not large enough to fill the entire plumbing system ( including Aqua hot ), without going back in to add more antifreeze to tank?
Old 11-06-2015, 11:23 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Am I correct in saying the holding tank that is in there, is not large enough to fill the entire plumbing system ( including Aqua hot ), without going back in to add more antifreeze to tank?
I don't have the auto system, but I used 3 1/2 gallons to do my entire system.
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:08 PM   #11

first time of the season, i use a tank and a half as I also pink the refer waterline and washer. They get isolated so i can de winterize and use the rest of the water systems and re winterize when done. With the bath and half, the re winterize takes just over a tank. much more when i forget to close the low point drains.
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:16 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Ben, you are correct. The tank holds about 2 gallons, on my coach anyway, and I had to crawl in the bay, fill it using a funnel with a long hose because not enough room to fit a gallon jug in the place where the tank was, and then crawl back in there and add more. That is why I eliminated the tank. Unbelievable poor location for the tank.....

Tags
winter