Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2014, 08:04 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Wiper arm assy for a HR Imperial

The wiper arm has stripped out were the wiper arm attaches to the spline shaft. If anyone has any idea as to were I can find a new wiper arm assy for a 2005 HR Imperial, I would be appreciated. By the way I called Monaco and they said they didn't have any in stock and the original manufacturer is out of business. So any other ideas please. ( the arm has a 38 degree bend in the shaft ).

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2014, 11:23 PM   #2
R&J

Monaco Owners Club
Now this may sound like a Rube Goldberg fix.
Ours did the same thing. With a brake in between rain storms while camping I cut from a lid of a dog food can a curve strip of metal, about 1/2 inch wide following the curve of the outer edge of the lid, form it into a cone shape not overlapping the ends. Used JB weld to glue the shim it to the arm, (you don't need a lot of JB Weld). Reinstall the arm back on the post an tight down about 3/4 of the way. 12hours later tighten it up. Been working for a year so far. It get a good work out here in Oregon. I used scissors to cut the metal it all I had.
Rich
R&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 05:44 AM   #3

Try Diesel Equipment at 800-222-7159
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I was going to recommend Diesel Equipment as Bill did. They were the OEM providers when your coach was built. They are now the distributor for TruVision. They may have something that will work.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #5

Had a similar issue, used a spiral lock washer and lock nut, arm no longer slips.
Rburian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
On an old Kenworth I drive at work the window winder shaft stripped. The handle would just spin on the shaft. We didn't have time to replace the winder unit so we JB welded it back on the shaft. It has been 5 months since and it is still there and it gets used alot.

Another fan of JB weld. Possible fix if you can't find another part.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:20 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Mine did the same thing. Was told to take a dental pick and clean out the splines as wiper arm is soft and the pivot shaft is hard steel and the splines gets clogged with the softer wiper arm material. I cleaned mine spotless and tightened the nut and it has worked great for years...

Dave
Old 11-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #8

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks for all suggestions, I did call Diesel Equipment and the parts girl was very helpful, she knew just what I needed and is sending it on ahead to our next destination, thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum