Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2021, 02:41 PM   #1

Wiper blade problems

When our 08 Dynasty was new it had 36 inch wiper blades that were useless. The wind would lift them of the windshield. TYhey were bulky and had a 1 inch saddle mount. I found some 28 inch that with a filler kit would fit the wide saddle. They were shot and I could not fins anything in Canada. Hypoxia gave me some info and I was able to find some Trico that would work. Anywhere from $30 to $40 each in the Great White North. I ordered tham Rock ASuto and they were cleaing them out. 77 cents each!! Freight and taxes were $15.60. I bought 4. However I have a problem. The blades sweep and when they return they go below the windshield. Not by much but that is hard on the blades. I know that some Monaco owners have had problems with the wiper arm mounting stud. Unlike may vehicles I don't think they have a spline. Just a tapered stud. Mine still have a painted line that they put on at the factory and are still lined up. I want to loosen that nbt and move the wiper arm upwards but am worries it will not remain in the new setting. I think they use loctite on both the stud threads and on the shaft. I looked at the linkage under the "hood" but although I may be able to adjust the linkage I don't want to mess it up. I think I would need a small puller to pull the arm off the mounting stud. Any suggestions? Thanks
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2021, 02:47 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Spartan Chassis
I don't have same coach but had same issue. Turns out there is a splined stud that could be inside the wiper socket. This stud for me could be knocked off the arm and place on the shaft, then replace the wiper arm over the spline at the proper location, done.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:58 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
If they are Wiper Technologies (Diesel Equipment Co) you can loosen the nut & use a gear puller to loosen the arm. Place it where you want, Torque to 35 FT Lbs. wait 45 minutes and retorque to 35 FT Lbs.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:58 PM   #4

When he says loosen the nut you should leave nut in place have a gap. Just in case ,so the arm and puller won't pop off at same time right near your windshield.
Check Amazon for wiper arm pullers you may be try AutoZone for free rental.
153stars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 05:23 PM   #5

Monaco Owners,
Similar issue on my '06 LaPalma. The passenger side wiper gets caught in the wind and tangles with the driver side. This disables the system until I pull over, untangle and start over. However, at highways speeds this continually happens. Anybody?
Selliní Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:04 PM   #6

On my 2006 Patriot Thunder (S-series chassis) they used a really crappy wiper motor and armature system from Wiper Technologies. I spoke with Wiper Technologies about it and they said they told Monaco NOT to use that specific part but Monaco did anyway because it was cheap.

Mine had all the usual problems of wind lifting the wipers, wrapping around the A-pillar (the armature was wearing out and stretching), and eventually they began to fail intermittently.

I ordered a replacement kit from Wiper Technologies that was almost a direct bolt in replacement. Spring pressure on the blades is stronger, armature is now very tight, and the only issue is you have to make your own adaptor for regular wiper blades because the new kit takes a blade that so far I can only find from Wiper Tech.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 03:39 PM   #7

When I first changed blades they were not wide saddle. They sold me a kit that consisted of plastic spacers to take a more common blade. To kerp the blades from lifting I added some large plastic wings to the wiper arms. I do not remember where I bought them. I am using vented blades and that helps.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 08:06 AM   #8

Wiper Help

Paul and Moisheh,

Thank you for weighing in on this wiper issue. Do you have a contact for this Wiper Technologies?
Selliní Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 10:22 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I just replaced my wipers this morning at Road America with 28" wipers from Wally world. I just drilled a hole the size of the bolt on the stock wiper arm. They fit nice. Yet to see how they work on the road.

Tim
Old 08-06-2021, 11:37 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selliní Out View Post
Thank you for weighing in on this wiper issue. Do you have a contact for this Wiper Technologies?
Formerly: Diesel Equipment Company www.dieselequipment.com
Now: Global Products https://www.globalproducts.llc/
Wiper Technologies
Phone 833-Wipers1
Elkhart, IN
Old 08-07-2021, 12:50 PM   #11

smiller@dieselequipment.com is the guy I dealt with. Sean was very knowledgeable.

Seems he has a new email address: sean@wipertechnologies.com
Old 08-07-2021, 12:59 PM   #12

One observation - the saddle at the end of the arm is non-standard. I wrote to Sean after mine were installed for a while when I realized I couldn't find blades that were compatible. Here is his reply:
"The blades you need will have a 21mm saddle where it attached to the arm. Our part # is WT800V....you may be able to find them out in you travels, but it is kind of unique and I doubt you will. I have them here that we can ship. They are $24.17 plus shipping. I have plenty in stock."
I had a small aluminum adapter made by a friend who has a little machine shop so mine now takes a standard wiper blade.
Old 08-09-2021, 02:27 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaz View Post
I just replaced my wipers this morning at Road America with 28" wipers from Wally world. I just drilled a hole the size of the bolt on the stock wiper arm. They fit nice. Yet to see how they work on the road.

Tim
Update: mine mod on the 28" blades work great! I was in the pouring rain today and they worked as they should.

Tim

Tags
ems, problem, problems