Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2015, 01:20 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Wiper help

A neighbor knocked on my door last week and tells me he was at his mailbox and heard a noise. He watched as ice/snow slid off the top of my 2007 Monaco LaPalma and broke of the left (driver's side) wiper.

Attached is a pic of the "monkey metal" broken piece.

Any ideas on where to find a replacement?

Thanks

MisterMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2015, 02:49 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Windshield Wiper Systems for Recreational Vehicles | AM Equipment | Wiper Systems and DC Motors

These guys are really good on the phone if you don't find the exact thing on the website.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 05:27 PM   #3
JFC

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twomed View Post
Windshield Wiper Systems for Recreational Vehicles | AM Equipment | Wiper Systems and DC Motors

These guys are really good on the phone if you don't find the exact thing on the website.
X2 Just bought two replacement arms for my Scepter. great folks on the phone and 1/2 the cost of Monaco
Old 03-04-2015, 05:36 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
That's a bummer. Hope you can get that fixed! \ken
Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:40 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Thanks, I have a email into the referenced company. Looking at their drawings/products it's going to be a problem identifying whether the piece is a part of the wiper "system" or a part of the arm "system".

Thanks again, will keep y'all posted.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:05 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
MisterMo,

It is part of the arm.
manxadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:52 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Update (disappointing):

Got this reply from Butch Helland at AM Equipment:

"Sometimes I am the harbinger of less than great news, sorry. We were not the OEM for your coach and I can only suspect that they system employed on your coach was made in China and marketed domestically by a company in the Carolinas, Diesel Equipment/Wiper Technologies. Your source would be either the coach manufacturer or Diesel Equipment for a new arm.

If, neither of these work, we can get you going by replacing the system (we have done several in the past few months) but this costs more than just a wiper arm so do your best in that direction first."

I continue my search ....
Old 03-06-2015, 11:18 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Been trying to contact
Diesel Equipment Company, 220 Atwell Avenue
Greensboro, NC 27406
Phone: (336) 373-8331
Web: www.dieselequipment.com

But website times out w/o connecting and phone number is not answered. Sigh .....
Old 03-10-2015, 10:40 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Found two sources for replacement wiper arms:
Allied Recreation Group 800-591-0628
Wiper Technologies 877-307-7059

Info required:
VIN #
Part number (off of sticker on wiper motor)
Old 03-11-2015, 06:37 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMo View Post
A neighbor knocked on my door last week and tells me he was at his mailbox and heard a noise. He watched as ice/snow slid off the top of my 2007 Monaco LaPalma and broke of the left (driver's side) wiper.
Oh my, I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope you find a reasonable priced replacement arm.

Almost the same thing happened to me a couple years ago: a large sheet of snow/ice sliding down the windshield caught the wiper arms. Both were pointing down: one twisted on the shaft, one caused over-rotation of the connecting arm inside the front cap. The one arm was easy to fix by pulling it off of the shaft and putting back on in the right position, the other one required some contortions to disconnect linkages behind the font cap then putting them back on properly.

Now, part of my winterization process is to completely remove the wiper arms and put them in a storage bay. I'm not going to have that problem again. Probably not a bad idea for anyone that has to store the coach outside during a snowy winter.
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:56 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
OWW ShapeShifter,

You make me feel "good" about my little problem!!!! I've seen folk put "pool noodles"/round, foam, pipe insulation over their arms. But your "fix" takes most of the worry out of it. I am on my 6th motorhome and this is the first time "this" has happened (had this one for 3 years now).

Thanks
Old 03-12-2015, 01:11 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
You make me feel "good" about my little problem!!!!
Actually, I feel quite the opposite: I feel for you and your problem. Mine was nothing in comparison, it just took a few minutes with a wrench (and contorting to unnatural positions) but nothing was permanently damaged. I didn't have to try to track down any replacement parts. I think I got off lucky.

Quote:
I've seen folk put "pool noodles"/round, foam, pipe insulation over their arms. But your "fix" takes most of the worry out of it.
I've seen that too, but I always figured it was for protection from sun and UV damage. (Not something I have to worry too much around here. ) I don't see that covers like that would offer any protection against heavy snow build up and sliding sheets of ice/snow. (Something that I DO have to worry about around here. )
Old 03-12-2015, 01:57 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
BUFFALO !!!! Yeah you need to move someplace better ... like Boston !!!!
Old 03-12-2015, 02:55 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
BUFFALO !!!! Yeah you need to move someplace better ... like Boston !!!!

ROFL! Boston? Finally, someplace that is getting more snow jokes than Buffalo!

Now I really feel lucky! My wiper arms suffered no permanent damage, AND I'm not living in Boston this winter.