Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2016, 11:15 AM   #1

Wiper motor replacement, 2008 Monarch

Howdy friends and happy new year! While on my way back to CA from Montana, my wiper blades crossed, got stuck, and in spite of turning off the controller, they continued to work before I could safely pull off the road, resulting in the motor burning up. My wiper motor is mounted under the hood, just above the front hood opening. I'm a decent weekend mechanic, but it is not clear to me how to get the motor out. This motor is a wiper technologies ZD 1631. Any tips on removing it? Thanks fellas.
Bill
Billinwoodla is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2016, 06:58 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Here is a whole assembly listed on Ebay

Monaco RV motorhome Bus Navistar 2SPEED Wiper Motor Assembly 09311601 Truvision | eBay

It looks like there are 3 bolts that hold it onto the mounting plate but you will have to remove the cross piece from the motor shaft before you can pull it.

Here is another place to buy
https://dvautoparts.com/discount-sto...w-jkjnlpqnjmkk
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
Here is a whole assembly listed on Ebay

Monaco RV motorhome Bus Navistar 2SPEED Wiper Motor Assembly 09311601 Truvision | eBay

It looks like there are 3 bolts that hold it onto the mounting plate but you will have to remove the cross piece from the motor shaft before you can pull it.

Here is another place to buy
https://dvautoparts.com/discount-sto...w-jkjnlpqnjmkk
Thanks Jim. Yeah, that cross piece was one of the questions I had as I looked at mine. If I could stick my head in there it would be a lot easier to figure out how to remove it. Thnaks,
Bill
Old 01-06-2016, 08:48 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I had a wiper that stripped the splines where the arm mounts. Could not get that part, so the whole assembly had to be replaced. I saved the motor. See if yours has these markings. AM Equipment Windshield Wiper Systems & Durable DC Motors (I did not want that to turn into a link, so here it is again with dashes to fool the forum software) www-amequipment-com 238-100?. The question mark could be a zero, there is a scratch in the label and last digit not readable. If that is it, I have your motor.

This is the link!!

http://store.amequipment.com/238-ser...6d7ee4c02f28da
Old 01-06-2016, 10:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38 Special View Post
I had a wiper that stripped the splines where the arm mounts. Could not get that part, so the whole assembly had to be replaced. I saved the motor. See if yours has these markings. AM Equipment Windshield Wiper Systems & Durable DC Motors (I did not want that to turn into a link, so here it is again with dashes to fool the forum software) www-amequipment-com 238-100?. The question mark could be a zero, there is a scratch in the label and last digit not readable. If that is it, I have your motor.

This is the link!!

AM Equipment : 238 Series Wiper Motor, 12V, Left Hand, Dynamic Park [238-1002] - $110.50
Thanks 38. El nino is here in strong fashion, so not sure when I am going to get out to the storage site to pull the motor. I started last weekend, which prompted my post as i didint want to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Tags
replacement, replace, ace