Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2008, 12:06 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Took the top panel off the dash of our 07 Knight to find the CB ant, wire. I can't belive all the wires under there. There also seems to be a lot of unused connectors laying up there also. They must use the same wiring harness for all the coaches. I wish I knew what they were all for, you could probably add a few acc. and have the wire there ready to go.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2008, 12:06 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Took the top panel off the dash of our 07 Knight to find the CB ant, wire. I can't belive all the wires under there. There also seems to be a lot of unused connectors laying up there also. They must use the same wiring harness for all the coaches. I wish I knew what they were all for, you could probably add a few acc. and have the wire there ready to go.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:49 PM   #3

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That you probably could. I was looking for the cb antenna cable on mine and found three of them. None of them worked worth crap. Later found out it cuz of the crappy antenna with the rv and did not want to drill holes in the side of the rv to add a better antenna so gave up on having a cb.
MtManLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
bborc,
Here is a photo of what I found in our Camelot, if that helps. The grey antenna coax is shown in the lower right hand corner coiled up while I am holding the CB Power Connector. Monaco didn't provide the power mating connector so I had to cut it off and install a new Molex connector set from Radio Shack.

CC
Old 09-15-2008, 08:06 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
bborc....look around at other Knights with different options and you'll see what the extra wires are for. Our coach didn't come with the dash fans, but I found the connector under the dash and the wiring above the TV. I added the switch and fan and fired it right up.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:11 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Found the ant wire and good to go. Don I have every option that they offered so I really think that the wireing harrness is probably used in the higher end models too. But there are alot of connectors just laying up there I sure wish that they labeled them.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:15 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bborc:
Found the ant wire and good to go. Don I have every option that they offered so I really think that the wireing harrness is probably used in the higher end models too. But there are alot of connectors just laying up there I sure wish that they labeled them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sometimes the wires are labeled, on the wire itself. Difficult to see at times but 75% of the loose wiring I've found is identified.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote