Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2007, 08:04 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I spoke with Monaco Tech Support and they referred me to the Parts Dept. to order a wiring diagram for our 2007 LaPalma. Although Tech Supp was friendly and helpful, he could not give me a good idea of what I will get if I order it. He thought it might be more generic, not specific for our coach. He also said they might not be complete or detailed.

Anyone have experience with ordering the wiring diagrams? Were they helpful and what you expected? What did they cost?

Thanks!
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2007, 08:04 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Wiring diagram from Monaco Parts Dept

I spoke with Monaco Tech Support and they referred me to the Parts Dept. to order a wiring diagram for our 2007 LaPalma. Although Tech Supp was friendly and helpful, he could not give me a good idea of what I will get if I order it. He thought it might be more generic, not specific for our coach. He also said they might not be complete or detailed.

Anyone have experience with ordering the wiring diagrams? Were they helpful and what you expected? What did they cost?

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2007, 08:15 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
GoneFishin,

Unfortunately, the last year Monaco published electrical diagrams for distribution, on coaches manufactured in Indiana, was with the 2005 model year. In a conversation I had a while back with Vance Buehl, Monaco's Director of Technical Publications, he told me that they are getting a lot of complaints and are looking into publishing them again, perhaps starting with 08 or 09 models. (Not a sure thing, however.)

What I did was buy a 2005 book for the Diplomat (most were the same). Then I asked one of the Tech Reps to email me ones that were newer and specific to my coach. I did get some that way.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:33 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Everything seems to be generic ... Sacs was hooking the front TV stuff back up ...followed the diagram .. nothing would work right.

While he was at Camp Monaco ...they got a totally different diagram to make things work...

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:24 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have the 2004/2005 Roadmaster chassis wiring diagram for all Monaco models (it is one drawing, but covers all models). It is a AutoCad drawing so you need to download the free AutoCad viewer for .DWG files to use this drawing. If you would like a copy of it email me and I will send it to you.

My email is: [email address deleted]

please put <span class="ev_code_RED">"MONACO CHASSIS DRAWING"</span> in the subject line so I do not trash your request as a SPAM email.

Best to all - Glenn

**** 10/23/2010: Glenn says the Monaco Drawings are no longer available. He lost the files in a computer crash. Please do not send requests for them ****
Old 08-29-2007, 06:15 AM   #6

Glenn we cannot make your e-mail address work but we love to have a copy, 2005 Beaver Monterey II Rip& Susie itsrip@earthlink.net

Toad 2007 Nissan Xterra off road 6 speed 2 JRT'S Jack & Demi
itsrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:16 PM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsrip:
Glenn we cannot make your e-mail address work but we love to have a copy, 2005 Beaver Monterey II Rip& Susie itsrip@earthlink.net </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rip, I got your email and your PM earlier today and emailed you the Chassis Wiring diagram. I put my contact info in the reply to your PM, so feel free to call me if you have not received the diagram yet. I have emailed the diagram to 4 or 5 other members and I guess they got them as I have not heard back from anyone but you.

Glenn
Old 08-29-2007, 06:20 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you sooo much! It is very much appreciated. I've sent you an email. Hope we can reciprocate sometime.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:29 PM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I hope everyone that wanted the chassis wiring diagram got it. I had one email back that did not recieve the attachment, (I am sure I forgot to put it in the email) so I resent it. If you got an email without the diagram attachment just let me know and I will send it to you again.

Best to all - Glenn
Old 08-30-2007, 06:55 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
You Da Dude, Glenn!

Thanks!
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:46 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Glenn, tried to e-mail you but it kept coming back please e-mail me a copy at Jerry@carlson-lakeshore.com Thanks very much...IRV2 is great!!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:55 PM   #12
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I have the 2004/2005 wiring for the HR and Monaco line from Diplomat to Windsor with the ISL. It's in Adobe if that helps anyone who may have issues with the autocad. I took a disc to Kinkos and they printed it on a 3' x 3' sheet and then I rolled it and placed it in a cardboard tube. I keep it in the closet. I also have the house 110 wiring, but it's not very intricate.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:02 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Don, any chance I could get a copy...Thanks...JC Also Don I have used many of your "tips", greatly appreciate your wisdom!!! jerry@carlson-lakeshore.com
Old 09-25-2010, 05:07 PM   #14

I too would appreciate a copy of the Monaco wiring diagram.
Thank you
Malcolm
mbader@slauson.com
mbader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring, monaco