Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2012, 12:03 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Wiring for slide

How do I access the wireing on my bedroom slide....no power. '02 M-Dip
mak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2012, 06:08 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
For starters what not working, the wires should come in from the bottom they run along the slide arm so they can run in and out with slide
Old 07-12-2012, 06:20 AM   #3

mak 1, in my rig I had an issue with my 110 in the left front slide. I found the connection box under a false floor in the cabinet. Not sure what you have in the slide area, but check and see if you can remove the bottom of what ever it is. The 12 volt main plug was also in the bottom. Hope this will help you out.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry if I missed it, but I need clarification....

What power was lost? Is the slide not working (a 12VDC issue)?....or is your clock radio (120VAC) not working?

Both voltages are present in the bed slide. To find them, lift the bed and you'll see a plywood box that can be accessed by removing a handful of screws.
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I apologize to all for the lack of info. All the lights in the slide (bedroom) are nonop. The rest of the lights in the room are fine. I will look under the bed, under the box and see what I see. Thank you all for now...will let you know if I can find anything amiss.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Okay...I took off the cover under the bed and found wires that mean almost nothing to dumb me. I did find out I have 110v at the outlet in the slide. I took a few pictures but not sure how to attach them or whether they would be useful to you guys. Is everything for the slide DC? I went to advanced and brought some pics into "manage" but not sure how to get them into message...
Old 07-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Okay...Don't how useful these pics are as I guess they are pretty much the same in all the units.... I have no idea where anything goes. As I said earlier, I do have 110v on wall outlet. As you can see, I have two junction boxes. I was going to measure for power on the one you see open but took pics and forgot....So I thought I would send these on and get over to measure later. Where is the protection (fuse/breaker) for the slide power? The fuse in the box in the bedroom only controls the ceiling lights. The conections that I touched are all secure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Motorhome 001.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	23532   Click image for larger version

Name:	Motorhome 002.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	23533  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Motorhome 003.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	23534  
Old 07-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
mak1.....The box you have open is 110 volt. All of your bedroom lights are 12 volt. Normally, anything in a junction box such as you opened will be 110 volt wiring and will be primarilly for your outlets. The slide motor and lights are all 12 volt and typically have plastic snap together plusgs like the one where the black and blue wiring loom come together in your photo.

Take some tape and start by marking what goes wjere. One of the looms will obviously be for the slide and runs to th motor. Start eliminating what each is for and then go from there. Most, but not all of these issues are that apluged pulled loose. On the bedroom slide there is usually no connectors exposed on the exterior underside of the slide, but take a look. If nothing there, you need to come back inside and check.

That 12 volt panel in the bedroom is what houses most of my light fuses. I haven't looked in awhile, but I have a big black box 10" x 10" x 4" in an exterior bay under my bedroom slide. It has circuit breakers for the slide motor inside. I don't recall if it has any other fuses. My coach is covered right now and I can't check.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Don..There no wires of any kind under the slide. The plastic connector is secure under the bed. The panel in the bedroom seems to my eye, has only the lights in the bedroom, not the slide. Will look tomorrow for the black box outside....thanks
Old 07-16-2012, 02:43 AM   #10

bedroom slide

Miki if you have a diplomat the wires that are connected to the slide motor go to the out and in switch on your control board then it goes to the battery box where at the back of that storage compartment is a black cover ( 12" x 14" appox.)held on by 3 plastic butterfly bolts take that cover off and inside that black box is your circuit board about six inches by six inches where you will find a fuse for the bedroom slide only!!!!! first check to see if you have power at the motor under the bed then go to the switch on the control board thirdly check the fuse behind the cover on back wall of battery box--good luck

steve
SPA48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, wiring