RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2016, 10:21 AM   #1

wont start hot may be resolved

I have fought wont start hot for several years and I might have found a mechanic that fixed it. I did everything Cummins said a couple of times, I changed to run slides inout with engine running to keep batteries fully charged.

I talked to a guy who said it has to be the solenoid on the starter bring it in.

He was instructed by Cummins to remove the solenoid in the driver rear run bay and it will use the one on the new combo on the starter instead. Seeing will be believing.

Might be nice to not have to start gen to get cummins to run

Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2016, 02:09 PM   #2

You haven't said whether it won't turn over or won't start. If it won't start it might be a circuit break. I had that problem and it was a $3 fix.

oldguy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:15 PM   #3

If you want it fixed once and for all get a "geared". Starter motor. Denso and perhaps Delco has one too. Engine will spin like never before. The OEM starters are under designed in my opinion.
Voltage slightly down or a slightly marginal connection or even a hot motor and they under perform and crank slow.