RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2010, 06:08 PM   #1

Would like to have slide fit flush again!

Hi all:

On our 2005 Dip, the rear, driver-side bedroom slide is not fitting flush to the side of the coach. Looking at the coach, when the slide is retracted all the way, the upper left corner of the slide is sitting about 1/4" out and the upper right corner is very tight against the coach (the bottoms are both flat against the sides). There is enough gap to allow water to trickle b/t the seams.

I've tried to find and read all of the posts regarding slide-out adjustments and none seem to quite fit this situation. The rollers underneath the slide appear to be in good shape and I've tried adjusting where the slide mechanism attaches to the floor of the coach (helps set the pitch of the slide-out gear mechanism). Nothing I've done (which hasn't been much to this point) has helped. If I take a slide-lock and put it on the inside, I can pull the slide completely closed and keep water out of the coach. But this isn't a long-term solution....

So, any ideas on how to get this one corner to snug up?

Thanks,

Tim

Doctor Thump is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2010, 08:42 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Tim.....Get a flashlight and look under the slide on the inside and you'll see two phillips head screws that are adjusters.

Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:13 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
Tim.....Get a flashlight and look under the slide on the inside and you'll see two phillips head screws that are adjusters.
I have the same problem except my gap is on the lower end of the side and I dont get water in. Don, can you tell me more? Do I need the slide open or closed to see these and to adjust them? I will go take a look this morning after the water dries up from all the rain last night. Thanks, I thought I was stuck with an imperfect fit!
Old 04-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Larry.....You have to adjust them with the sldie closed. Once you open it, the slide drops down when it's extended and you can't see them. I was looking under there when my slide wasn't sealing when extended.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:12 PM   #5

Hi Don:

Are the phillips you are talking about out near the rollers are in the middle of the slide near the gear mechanism?

Thanks,

Tim
Old 04-25-2010, 06:23 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Just under the edge of the slide on the inside. They're hard to see.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:44 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
D Don,

We need pictures!

Luke
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:27 AM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Okay Luke.....11:00PM and in my underwear (wasn't pretty) I ran out and took a photo. I was wrong about it being a phillips head (adjusted mine several years ago). It's a 7/16". If you look at the photo, tightening or loosening the bolt slides a wedge (piece just above the bolt head with the hole in it) in and out. There are three of these on mine (small slide).

Old 04-26-2010, 04:46 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
Okay Luke.....11:00PM and in my underwear (wasn't pretty) I ran out and took a photo.....
Don,

TOO MUCH INFORMATION!

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:16 AM   #10

Thanks Don...when I get back in town I'll give that a shot....and thanks for the service 'above and beyond'!

Tim
Old 04-26-2010, 06:28 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
thanks Don

Thanks for the extra effort Don Never would have figured it out without the pic. I was looking outside the coach, not inside!! Never occurred to me to look under there!! You're the man!!
Old 04-26-2010, 06:58 AM   #12

So now that we know you run around the campground in your undies I am still confused on this adjustment and what it does and how I would adjust it. Does this adjustment change the tilt of the slide when it is fully retracted? So, in Doc Thumps case he would only adjust the one(s) on the end that does not come up tight and seal. It would seem to me that you would maybe loosen the end that is sealed tight so the slide hangs out evenly across the top then adjust them slowly so it sealed evenly and not in a bind. Does turning this 7/16 bolt clockwise pull the top in or let it out.

Has anyone ever seen publishing instructions for alignment of the whole slideout when it is bothe in and out?
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:43 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
I have the same problem with a full wall slide on a 2008 Knight, DFT. There are adjustments under the slide that are threaded rods with 1.25" nuts. Heavy stuff, the slide fits on one end, I tightened the nut on the other end, it helped but the top was still out. Is there an adjustment on the top. When it goes out the top tilts over and when the bottom drops into place it plumbs up from top to bottom. As for published instruction I would like to have those also if someone knows where to get a copy.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:04 AM   #14
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I used the adjustment I posted to tilt the top of the slide outward when the slide was extended. I wasn't sealing evenly at the top. I haven't played with my slide adjustments enough to know what combinations of adjustments will change what.

Tags
adjustment, diplomat, slide-out