RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2016, 10:28 AM   #1

Xantrex 1500 issue

I have a 2003 Holiday Rambler with a Xantrex Inverter/converter and Intellitec smart EMS. The AC power #1 breaker on the front of the unit seems to be supplying power to the Air conditioners, as it should, but the #2 breaker is not supplying power to the microwave, refrig., and AC receptacles. Recently, an arc blew the .25 amp fuse, which I replaced, and since the batteries were not holding a charge, I replaced them. Does anyone have a solution for me?

booger76

booger76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2016, 10:50 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by booger76 View Post
I have a 2003 Holiday Rambler with a Xantrex Inverter/converter and Intellitec smart EMS. The AC power #1 breaker on the front of the unit seems to be supplying power to the Air conditioners, as it should, but the #2 breaker is not supplying power to the microwave, refrig., and AC receptacles. Recently, an arc blew the .25 amp fuse, which I replaced, and since the batteries were not holding a charge, I replaced them. Does anyone have a solution for me?

booger76
booger76
Does this the manual cover your Xantrex inverter/converter?
http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Inv...-01_rev-2).pdf

If so the solution to your problem may be in it.

Mel
'96 Safari

mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:32 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hi! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Sorry I can't help with your problem! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:49 PM   #4

Old 07-11-2016, 09:22 AM   #5

Inverters normally only supply power to AC receptacles, TV, and Microwave. The reason for this is to keep the power drain as low as practical. Check the GFCI receptacles as one of them may have tripped and is causing your problem.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum61 View Post
Inverters normally only supply power to AC receptacles, TV, and Microwave. The reason for this is to keep the power drain as low as practical. Check the GFCI receptacles as one of them may have tripped and is causing your problem.
And check for a tripped breaker in the inverter itself.
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:53 AM   #7
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Welcome to a great forum. I can't think of a better place to get it sorted out.

Are your batteries getting charged now, and if yes, how do you know?

I think it would be highly unusual for an air conditioner to be connected to any Inverter. It just takes too much power to run one off batteries.

Did you change the batteries yourself?
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:41 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I would be suspect of the Intellitec smart EMS. It is very fragile when it comes to surges and shorts. You can test to see if the EMS is defective by bypassing the EMS and powering your microwave/fridge right from the breaker. If it works after the bypass you know its the EMS board. Call them, they have great tech support and can confirm your board is toast.

WARNING: Be sure to unplug all shore power, turn off all kill switches, and disconnect your inverter before you go into that AC distribution panel with the breakers.
Dan & April Mastroluca-2001 Monaco Diplomat 36PBD Cummins ISC330HP 8.3L Diesel 6-Speed Allison Transmission-Toad= 2017 Ford Fusion Energi w/ Blue Ox Aventa BX7445 & Roadmaster Invisibrake FMCA# F452291 https://www.facebook.com/dmastroluca GO DODGER BLUE!!!
dmastroluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:57 AM   #9

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I had previously been on the manual and went through the troubleshooting possibilities to no avail. I misspoke when I said the air conditioners were on the Xantrex breakers. They are not. I did test the AC input and output on the unit, and found that there was no AC output. After speaking to the folks at the Inverter Service Center, an authorized Xantrex service center, I've decided to pull the unit and send it to them in Tennessee. Has anyone had any dealings with them, and if so, was it a good or bad experience?
booger76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:06 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
We took our Xantrex to Tekris Power in New Jersey. Call Chris at 732-938-4996. Awesome experience working with him.

tikitom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xantrex