Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2010, 04:21 AM   #1

xtraRide ext Warranty on used Monaco???

Have any of you purchased an XtraRide ext warranty on your unit and are you pleased with service?
PLEASE, NO COMMENTS FROM THOSE OPPOSING BUYING EXT WARRANTYS UNLESS YOU'VE HAD ONE!
We're hoping to find a good used Class A within the next week or so and trying to decide if I want to use the XtraRide Platinum plan.
billsmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2010, 05:12 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmax View Post
Have any of you purchased an XtraRide ext warranty on your unit and are you pleased with service?
PLEASE, NO COMMENTS FROM THOSE OPPOSING BUYING EXT WARRANTYS UNLESS YOU'VE HAD ONE!
We're hoping to find a good used Class A within the next week or so and trying to decide if I want to use the XtraRide Platinum plan.
I saw a couple comments about xtraride on RV.net this a.m. The comments were favorable.
Lowhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
JFC

Monaco Owners Club
Have this on our 2007 Scepter. Made two claims so far. Rear vision monitor replaced and they paid $600 no problem. Service asked about ice maker repair, bare wire behind refrigerator, declined. Said bare wire wasn't covered item. That repair was $125 all in labor to find bare wire. We're pleased with them.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:32 PM   #4

I'm not a fan of extended warranties, however I purchased the Xtraride warranty when I bought our coach 2 1/2 years ago. I thank the lucky stars I did, so far not including my deductible and the shipping charges for parts, they have paid in excess of $20K. The large truck repair facility doesn't except extended warranties and they even have a large sign in the service area proclaiming it. I convinced them to try it one time and now their big believers in it too. Simply put I'm more then satisfied and wouldn't even think of purchasing a used diesel pusher without buying an Xtraride policy.
nplenzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:57 PM   #5

Yes, we have the XtraRide platinum coverage for our '00 HR Imperial DP. Best decision we ever made was getting that coverage.
Snowman 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:23 AM   #6

Thanks for the good info.
Bill
billsmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:40 PM   #7

I have ther good sam extended warranty but hav e never used it.
I am wondering if anyone had any comments or experience with their program?
resindiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:44 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Warranty

Bill,

Just saw the thread so I wanna weigh in. We bought a new 2008 Holiday Rambler Ambassador in Oct of 2007. In about April of 2008, Monoco went broke leaving us with a new coach with no coverage. Fortunately, the dealer had talked us into purchasing the XtraRide platinum coverage "to cover what Monoco would'nt" for the unit. Like a previous poster, I am normally not a big fan of "extended warrantys", but in our case at least, I'm glad we did. We had one of the large side windows, replaced, plumbing drain issues repaired & a ride height control replaced. Dunno how it works elsewhere, because we went back to the selling dealer for the work, BUT, it worked fine there. Paid my $100 deductable for each repair, and went on my merry way. There's my two cents worth! Good luck with your decision!

Stan
Old 04-14-2011, 06:51 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nplenzick
I'm not a fan of extended warranties, however I purchased the Xtraride warranty when I bought our coach 2 1/2 years ago. I thank the lucky stars I did, so far not including my deductible and the shipping charges for parts, they have paid in excess of $20K. The large truck repair facility doesn't except extended warranties and they even have a large sign in the service area proclaiming it. I convinced them to try it one time and now their big believers in it too. Simply put I'm more then satisfied and wouldn't even think of purchasing a used diesel pusher without buying an Xtraride policy.
Protective Xtraride platinum must have gotten tired of paying claims on the RR4R suspension after your claim. They denied mine and I ended up paying all. $4800.00. That's my experience. Choose at your own risk. Just remember they are not insurance policies.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:44 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Bought the Platium on our used 2007 HR Scepter. Used it twice on AC and refrigerator repair. Had no problems either time. Like the commercial - pay me now or pay me later !! Good Luck
dmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:21 AM   #11

Just for the record, XTRA ride and Prism warranties are one in the same company, they merged some time ago. Out of all them both of these two seem to have the least grief. I had a problem which they did pay for, (electrical) but they would not pay the diagnosis time to find it, only for the part and the labor to replace the part once it was tracked down. I also purchased the Prism warranty directly from Monaco itself just when Navistar took over...so I know whose phone to ring over there in Oregon if I need help.
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Just got a quote from a broker for Xtraride warranty platinum and I was surprised at the cost of 6,400 to a 5 year term of 7,400. I was shooping and doing a compare of the policy I just purchased with USA warranty co. for 4,995 Gold plan that covers everything as the xtraride less the exclusionary plan. Hope I made the right decision
regarding the warranty company for my 2000 Allegro Bus, 300HP Cat.
Unkmike is offline   Reply With Quote