RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2011, 10:22 AM   #1

Yahoo Monacoers

This has to be the most frustrating group to join, even though I do all the things they want I still get denied multiple tims ,are the site owners that paranoid about the precious partds data base they have.. or maybe it is because I only have a, 08" stage coach HR Neptune, that status thing going one here

By the way any one what headlight assembly is on this coach my left one is fogged on the inside looks like water go in there, now have a case of CSS at night

strangebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Strangebirds -- I`ve been on the Yahoo Monacoers Group for over 4 years, & they are a very helpful group, such as this one --Never a problem -- Maybe your name frightened them -- You have to use your real name on that forum -- Bill Willard

William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:13 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Odd; they even accepted me a few weeks ago. I thought they were ignoring my request until I figured out they were sending my acceptance mail to a throw away e mail address I used when I joined Yahoo groups. I did read where they are picky about your e mail address as they have had problems with spammers.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #4
rex

Monaco Owners Club
OK guys, here is the deal.

Monacoers get lots of request to join. About 8 out of 10 DON'T READ the instructions on the join up page. They do not provide ALL the information requested, thus they are turned down.

So best advice I can offer is READ - READ - READ - then provide all that is ask for.

Also when you are accepted understand that you MUST use your real first name and first letter of you last name when posting on the Monacoers site. They like to know who they are talking to and user ID names are not acceptable.

Hey I didn't set the rules, but they do have rules that should be followed. It is a good site and can be very helpful.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:17 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
OK guys, here is the deal.

Monacoers get lots of request to join. About 8 out of 10 DON'T READ the instructions on the join up page. They do not provide ALL the information requested, thus they are turned down.

So best advice I can offer is READ - READ - READ - then provide all that is ask for.

Also when you are accepted understand that you MUST use your real first name and first letter of you last name when posting on the Monacoers site. They like to know who they are talking to and user ID names are not acceptable.

Hey I didn't set the rules, but they do have rules that should be followed. It is a good site and can be very helpful.
Rex is not one to brag on himself so I will brag on him. He is the guy who works very hard to keep up the parts database on Monacoers. It is a different culture form irv2 and you just have to deal with it.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:25 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
SOME GUIDANCE FOR SUCCESS:
you must be very sure that you have exhaustively searched the data files BEFORE asking a question on Monacoers or instead of actually answering the question you will be dismissed and told to search the data files by at least ten diffenent individuals. And you must NEVER ask a question twice.
jsabatinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:15 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsabatinos View Post
SOME GUIDANCE FOR SUCCESS:
you must be very sure that you have exhaustively searched the data files BEFORE asking a question on Monacoers or instead of actually answering the question you will be dismissed and told to search the data files by at least ten diffenent individuals. And you must NEVER ask a question twice.
I'd say they're a bit gentler than that. It's always a good idea to search previous messages before you ask a question... on any forum.

Other than that, the downside of all forums on yahoo groups is the lace of features of other forum systems. Things that are almost everywhere else, like automatic signature blocks, and notifications when a thread has been updated, seem to be absent. Can't blame the people who use the forum for the way the forum operates and what users have to do to get around things.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:48 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
If you want answers to very specific coach problems, and you happen to have a coach that belongs to the Monaco family of manufactures, you will receive far better information there than here.

I am not knocking the iRV2.com forum but the members here have so many other brands, types of RV's with so many different systems that "One Size Does NOT Fit All.

OMHO

Dr4Film ---- Richard.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:33 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I agree with Richard Dr4Film. You will also have a lot quicker response. Some members monitor the site about 24-7 and are very knowledgeable about Monaco systems. Yes there are a few over there who are quite curt in answers. For the most part you can receive needed help pretty fast. I find I get a lot of answers on this forum regarding general issues as opposed to just Monaco related. Both forums are helpful.
pcarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:21 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I just can't handle the yahoo software stuff...
All I ever see is an endless string on non related posts...
At first it was sending me an email whenever anyone posted anything, but I did figure out how to shut that off.
There is a tech library, where?
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:34 PM   #11
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Jim, you have to sign onto the Monacoers Yahoo group site and look in the Files section. May take lots of looking, but there is lots of helpful information there.

True, if you do not change how you wish to receive messages, Yahoo will send all of them to your email. You have to change it in your Yahoo Profile to either Digest or Web.

In Digest you get messages in a group, sometimes several Digest are sent per day depending on the number of total messages.

I prefer to read the messages on-line (Web selection).

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:24 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I was frustrated for weeks trying to join. They would not answer my emails asking what I needed to do to be accepted or what was wrong with me in general, so I changed my email address and started anew. No problems now, but I've seen the comments the owner makes and it is definitely his football.
Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
hmmm, guess I gotta remember how to get there, and try to find these files?

I know my yahoo id is what i use to sign into my old at&t email that I rarely use anymore....
Old 08-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
wow.

ok. It took some work and some emails for me to get in there last spring too. Worth it totally just for the contents of that files directory. Thanks to whoever(s) put in all the hard work to collect that wealth of info and make it available to us!