Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2018, 07:18 AM   #1

Yet another water problem

Hi Monacoans,
We were driving our Monaco LaPalma down to our dealer for the dreaded Norcold cooling unit problem. My wife following in the car noticed a large water leak whenever I turned a right hand turn. I saw the water trail on the pavement and it is large.

The tanks are 2/3 rds full according to the level liars. I checked all of the low point drains and the large tank drain valve and they are all closed. I will pressurize the water system as soon as I get the coach back with its new cooling unit.

Any suggestions to troubleshoot will be appreciated. We do have some outside leaks which have not found so the water could be from an external source as it is rainy here in NY lately.

Thanks
Bellows is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2018, 08:24 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
You mentioned it was rainy lately. Could that just be water sitting on the slideout roofs or trapped in awnings?
If it was, after a few right turns it should have stopped leaking.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:43 AM   #3

I've also seen some coaches "leak" quite a bit of water from the fresh tank overflow, in a turn. The overflow on our coach is on the passenger side. Once I followed a friend in a nearly identical coach around a left turn to a freeway on-ramp, and he discharged a fair amount of water. The same could be true if your overflow is on your left side.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:19 PM   #4

Good idea but I don’t think that was it. Appeared to come from the bottom. I appreciate your thoughts and will investigate.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7JV View Post
I've also seen some coaches "leak" quite a bit of water from the fresh tank overflow, in a turn. The overflow on our coach is on the passenger side. Once I followed a friend in a nearly identical coach around a left turn to a freeway on-ramp, and he discharged a fair amount of water. The same could be true if your overflow is on your left side.
It is a possibility and I will look into the overflow. Tanks only 2/3 rds full though. Thanks
Old 11-06-2018, 02:57 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
It could be the hose for the fresh water gravity fill. Mine did the same thing. Had to change the hose. From the fill port to the tank.
Busnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busnut View Post
It could be the hose for the fresh water gravity fill. Mine did the same thing. Had to change the hose. From the fill port to the tank.
Good possibility it is the hose. If the wet bay has water in it almost a certainty.

Be aware that a 2/3 sensor says that you are less than 100% full, not that you are at 66%. Also the tanks are long, wide and relatively shallow so they are subject to "sloshing". If I am anywhere near full my coach will discharge out of the overflow on turns. Overflow on my coach id directly in front of the curb side rear tires.

Good luck
Old 11-07-2018, 06:36 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busnut View Post
This sounds like a possibility. I will check it out as soon as we get the coach back. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2018, 06:38 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by xydial View Post
Good possibility it is the hose. If the wet bay has water in it almost a certainty.

Be aware that a 2/3 sensor says that you are less than 100% full, not that you are at 66%. Also the tanks are long, wide and relatively shallow so they are subject to "sloshing". If I am anywhere near full my coach will discharge out of the overflow on turns. Overflow on my coach id directly in front of the curb side rear tires.

Good luck
Good point about the fill level. There is NO water in the wet bay. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:57 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
My coach does this all the time. It is the fresh water overflow pipe, which drains out the bottom of the coach on my passenger side. You likely have a panel on that side that is held by a couple of screws. If you remove the screws, the panel will swing out to give you access to the tanks. You will likely see the overflow pipe there. On your coach, it may be on the other side.

Ron
RonaldNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:37 PM   #11

Run an easy test to find your overflow. Fill the tank until it overflows. My coach usually takes about 10 minutes after the sensor shows full. I do this when I am doing an extended dry camp. If it overflows out of the gravity fill, turn on the pump and empty some of the water using the external shower.

You should then see water coming out of the overfill line.

I have a friend who bought a 2018 Diplomat and found that the overfill was emptying into one of the storage compartments! He was not a happy camper

Tags
problem, water