Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2008, 04:19 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Well we had a very busy weekend watching two of the grandkids....sheesh glad it's over. We went to the beach to let them play in the sea & surf. Took them to the zoo, ended up carrying the 5 year old....he was tired....what about me. Had to watch kid videos....no football grrrr. I had also planned on washing the coach but that was nixed. I'm going to take it out on Thursday to have it washed, at least I get to drive and excercise the coach that way.

I was wondering if anyone else ever stops in Long Beach at the Golden Shore RV resort? We park our coach here for 6 months and spend two weeks of every month here and two weeks at our stick house in Shaver. It would be nice to meet other members if you ever stop by.
nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2008, 04:27 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
I was wondering if anyone else ever stops in Long Beach at the Golden Shore RV resort?

NutenSteve,
your weekend sounds EXHAUSTING!! Those grandkids can wear a person down huh?

We have stayed at Golden Shore previously--when we did the dog show in Long Beach. That place is GREAT! LOVED it. This time for Eukanuba at the Convention Center we stayed at teh Convention center--they had electric, etc but I must say at $100.00 a day it was EXPENSIVE!
If we get there again, we'll give a shout.
mom2mastiffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:10 AM   #31
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
While many of you are enjoying above freezing temperatures, we're "embracing" winter up north in Minnesota.

Our snow skiing hasn't happened yet. We have been waiting for a sunny day during the week. But as luck would have it, it has been mostly cloudy with spurts of snow. Note: we don't ski weekends or holidays any more - too many crazy skiers. Was a National Ski Patrol member for 37 years so skiing is in my blood.

This past November we finally managed to get a motor home house built (finally) at our new "dig's". Gotta keep the motor home out of the freezing rain and snow.

We are also doing our grand parent duties baby sitting the grand kids at various times (that's one reason why we're here). The grand kids are learning to ski, so we go out and cheer them on.

But we're looking forward to warmer weather so the motor home can get washed and waxed in preparation for the first outing (probably in May). Up at the head of the lakes there is 6 months of cold and 6 months of warmth.

Several years ago we did do 1.5 years of full timing. But the other half wanted a stick house close to the grand kids (#4 was born last June - Girl (6), boy (5), boy (4), girl (7 mo.))

Now the trips are 4-6 weeks long once a year. Also active in the HRRVC (past assistant State mgr and now chapter president). So we do campouts about once a month May to Sept.

Whew, that's enough background for now...
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:04 AM   #32
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
We are embracing winter at the head of the lakes (Lake Superior).

Sunday we watched the two older grandchildren (6 & 5 yrs old) ski "racing". at a local ski hill (Chester Bowl).

We are "bracing" for the Canadian cold snap that is supposed to start touching us tomorrow. This colder weather is supposed to bring several inches of new snow (so the weather guessers say). Sure glad that the motor home garage got built in early November.

Spring is only 3 months away.
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:12 PM   #33

We are in Vancouver, Wa. waiting for me to retire and go to our jobs in North Carolina at Carowinds and start our workamping adventure! In a nice rv park living in our Admiral now. We too are fighting a front drivers leak.
Going in again Thursday. They resealed the dish, guess what? Yep leaking. Fun to see where people are, safe travels! P.S. besides the leak I LOVE this Monaco product.
Joanne and Kerry
jokers99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:11 PM   #34

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SRT:
We are embracing winter at the head of the lakes (Lake Superior).

Sunday we watched the two older grandchildren (6 & 5 yrs old) ski "racing". at a local ski hill (Chester Bowl).

We are "bracing" for the Canadian cold snap that is supposed to start touching us tomorrow. This colder weather is supposed to bring several inches of new snow (so the weather guessers say). Sure glad that the motor home garage got built in early November.

Spring is only 3 months away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>3 months away?? This is where I say I drove home today with the top down on my Saturn Sky
Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:26 AM   #35
Administrator Emeritus

Figured this was as good as any place to put this, save for starting a new thread....

PLEASE HELP ME CONGRATULATE MONACO MAMA!!!

I am proud to announce the promotion of "MonacoMama" to full fledged Moderator effectively immediately.

As the folks in the Monaco Owner's Forum know, we are fortunate to have MM on board as a member of iRV2.
She spends countless hours assisting other members with their posts and welcoming new members,as well as approving photos and classified ads. She is a valuable member of this web site and we are very happy to have her on board.

Regretfully, the "pay grade" of moderator receives the same amount as that of "forum leader" and as we all know.... nothing from nothing is still nothing.

CONGRATS MM!!

Now get back to work!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:43 AM   #36

CONGRATS MONACO MAMA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whippetmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:26 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club

Oh my goodness,,,,,You guys had to give her a toast and a promotion in less than two weeks??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll never get her head back down to normal size now
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:53 AM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Super Dupper. We are a lucky group....
Old 01-18-2008, 09:04 AM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
WOW-WEE! A virtual promotion! We are lucky to have MonacoMama looking over us on the Monaco Owners Forum and also helping others throughout the entire iRV2 site. Your personality shines through as well as your technical skills and diligence in reasearching hard-to-find info.

I feel all the moderators and leaders take a personal interest and responsibility for the content and integrity of this site, making it the best there is! If I remember correctly, I've seen the membership increase on the Monaco Forum since we joined 10 months ago. This site provides a wealth of helpful information thanks to the generous and experienced members who contribute the questions and answers.

ps: SacsTC, At least you know where MM is and it keeps her out of trouble (I think).
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:46 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Congrats MM. I guess I don't know the dynamics of this forum though. What happened to Ronboc?

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:11 PM   #41
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
How wonderful. Congratulations on a much deserved toast & promotion.

iRV2 & it's members are truly thankful for all you do here. You epitomize the spirit that makes this site great.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:22 PM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
CONGRATS MM, and don't spend your raise all in one place.

CC