Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2018, 11:07 AM   #1

1985 Excel 19 ft

Hello, fellow Excel peeps! Just picked up my vintage trailer yesterday in the middle of a rain storm. Good thing, now I can find if there are any leaks! So far, just one minor leak in the mid ceiling and some minor trickle from a cracked window that needs to be replaced or just resealed. Will scour around the unit for any more. So far, everything seems to work. I want to update some functional stuff, such as the gas line hoses and bathroom sink spout/shower head combo. I was wondering what other people have done with adding insulation on these units, as they don't have thick walls.Click image for larger version

Name:	00M0M_6ScsXZEmqxv_1200x900.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	198030
AshAndBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2018, 10:06 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Welcome Ash....I'm afraid it appears you have a Carson City Excel and not a Peterson Industries Excel. The easiest and quickest way to tell is the "E" on Excel on Peterson's units have a rounded "E" and usually has the lower end of the "E" extend under the name Excel. Just saying....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02738.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	198179  
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Welcome Ash....I'm afraid it appears you have a Carson City Excel and not a Peterson Industries Excel. The easiest and quickest way to tell is the "E" on Excel on Peterson's units have a rounded "E" and usually has the lower end of the "E" extend under the name Excel. Just saying....
Thanks for the info. What's the differences? I'm new to all this.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:51 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
No problem Ash. Two completely different companies. Here's the one you have.

https://www.nevada-register.com/2192...er-company-inc

I believe that company dissolved about 1993.

This forum is based on small company named Peterson Industries - Excel trailers made in Smith Center, KS who made trailers from 1966 to 2015. These units were built as a premium,luxury-heavy duty rigs with Full Timing capabilities.

Hope that clears it up and again welcome.
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 04-09-2018, 10:59 AM   #5

Ah ok, thanks for explaining it. I will try to find the right forum for this model then.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:46 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
I hope I didn't mean to run you off......just wanted you to know that most likely no one here would know much about your brand of Excel. You're not the first to not know about your trailer. We've had a few show up to our rallies! Kinda like going to an all Chevy car show and bringing a Ford! Ha.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
I hope I didn't mean to run you off......just wanted you to know that most likely no one here would know much about your brand of Excel. You're not the first to not know about your trailer. We've had a few show up to our rallies! Kinda like going to an all Chevy car show and bringing a Ford! Ha.
That would be embarrassing. Is there a group for this subset of Excel?
Old 04-09-2018, 02:40 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Not that I'm aware of. Sorry.

Tags
excel