Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Thumbs up 2014 Excel Winslow 37SDF

I had the opportunity to see the new 2014 Excel Winslow 37SDF in person at Bennett's Camping Center today.

It is an impressive trailer. Innovative design. HUGE master bath. Tons of storage.

I think it will be a great trailer for the full time RV'er.

The new entry stairs are very easy to operate. Very little effort required to open or close. Very solid feeling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3570.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	231.6 KB
ID:	43117   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3565.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	43119  

Name:	IMG_3557.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	283.0 KB
ID:	43120   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3558.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	273.4 KB
ID:	43121  

Name:	IMG_3563.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	43122   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3562.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	43123  

Name:	IMG_3556.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	369.8 KB
ID:	43124   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3559.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	375.0 KB
ID:	43125  

Name:	IMG_3560.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	289.8 KB
ID:	43126   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3569.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	43127  

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Doc,

Thanks for the nice write up and pix. I agree it is a nice way to get lots of space out of a 37 ft. coach. The only real issue I see is the slide entry door really limits you to the RV site it will fit on. With the slides open you're about 15 ft. across and then you have to add for the steps, which could mean access issues. Where we are now (summer workamping) I would be entering from the center of our flower bed!

I like the concept, but you must weigh the good points from the bad and see if it fits your style. I think this would be a great entertainment rig with the 1/2 bath in the LR! Again, thanks. rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
The steps might present issues at some state parks we frequent.

But, it really makes an open interior and will appeal to many. Especially if they usually stay at private parks.

It's definitely designed for the full time RV'er.

I'm sure there were similar comments about park limitations when the first slide room was introduced.

Somebody has to be the pioneer. I applaud Excels innovation.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 07-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #4

Hello as a former Excel owner I love there products but I have to say I think the outside step system is very tackie might be very safe but don't like them against the side of the body my thoughts they should be hidden, takes away from the look of the unit.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Give them time for design to catch up to esthetics.

Someday they'll have a design the allows the stowed steps to be hidden inside the front door.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 07-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
Give them time for design to catch up to esthetics.

Someday they'll have a design the allows the stowed steps to be hidden inside the front door.

You're right Doc, ya hafta take chances and gamble sometimes to make changes in our world. What do they call it??.....thinking out of the box to make progress. rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I was at the un-veiling of this new design in Moriarity NM. And yes the set-up foot print in bigger and the awning is on the slide that also adds to the need for a wide space. I liked the bath and 1/2 that was very nice. I asked Bryan T. if someone could come along and lift and store the steps and lock you inside? He said the steps can be locked in the down position..ugh..The Rhino lined roof was awsome but expencive. The interior space improvement with this design is impressive. We will see how it is accepted and morphs based on feedback.
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:37 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
We saw this unit at Tampa show. It is our favorite pick. Rhino roof still has to be proven to me. Very new in industry but I applaud Peterson to go out on limb on it. I am sure other manufacturers are watching also to see a track record of its performance.
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
I had the opportunity to see the new 2014 Excel Winslow 37SDF in person at Bennett's Camping Center today.

It is an impressive trailer. Innovative design. HUGE master bath. Tons of storage.

I think it will be a great trailer for the full time RV'er.

The new entry stairs are very easy to operate. Very little effort required to open or close. Very solid feeling.
Yep, that is our new rig we purchased at Bennett's RV. We really like the interior space it gives us and the bath and a half is great. Residential fridge with ice maker is a big plus for the drinks. Rhino roof, full body paint and everyone that stops by comments on how stable steps are. Don't think the slide with stairs will be a problem. With two bath stools, seems like must dump every three days, even being careful. Wife had wash/dryer put in and makes her happy. Basement area certainly needs more storage area but overall, think we are going to really enjoy it as "full-timers,". We do have to go to Smith Center in April for "several issues,"
Fmcnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:04 PM   #10

Excel Owners Club
We can go at least 6 days before we need to dump the black tank. More if we are conservative fluzhing.

Does the maceration toilet use twice as much water per flush?

How do you determine when your black tank is full?

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 01-23-2014, 07:38 PM   #11

we just ordered a new 37SDF from Bennett's RV. We are having them leave out the second sink in the bathroom and build another closet in its place. We also are having a custom island built that will have flip ups on each end for more counter space. We like the openness of the dining/living area as you do not have to move any chairs to use the dining table. We are full time so will see how the extra width issue works out. As far as someone lifting the steps while you are inside, a similar thing can happen on existing units it someone swings the handrail against the door.
rfhtlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:53 PM   #12

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Congrats! Time to change your logo!
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:35 PM   #13

I still have the suite at this point. We pick up the excel the end of March.
rfhtlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:42 PM   #14

We think the new stool uses a lot more water. Also think our gauge is incorrect. We are going to have a lot of questions when we go to Smith Center in April.
Fmcnair is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
excel