Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2018, 01:03 PM   #1

AC Thermostat Woes '07 30RSO

Have to really mess with the thermostat switch too get the AC to come on, according the thermostat manual when it is in HF mode it should run the furnace fan along with the AC fan but it doesn't. However if you switch to fan only mode it will run both fans as stated in directions. Attwood model 2H2C Thermostat. Can anyone verify the AC Operation I really don't see how the AC could work thru the furnace fan or maybe they are just using the furnace fan to move air?
On our Maiden Voyage to Angostura Reservoir near Hot Springs SD
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2018, 11:14 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have the same year and model as you do. I understand the question, but never messed with the HF setting. You're right about the furnace fan not having anything to do with the AC. Totally different systems with a common control. I don't even think the furnace fan would stir up the air enough to improve on the AC air flow. In our rig both systems work well when needed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:07 AM   #3

Furnace fan running when using A/C Unit is to 'help' in air circulation

A/C Fan pushes the cold air down from ceiling vents........cold air falls
Furnace return air is down at floor level so it pulls that cooler air in and then blows it out floor registers

Air thru out RV is stirred up....helping warmer air to be pulled in via A/C Return

That is the theory.

Kinda helps........but with an increase in noise level

2H2C Thermostat
HEAT Setting: Furnace
AU-----Hi/Lo BTU gas valve and Hi/Lo Fan speed
HI-----Hi BTU gas valve and Hi Fan speed
LO-----Lo BTU gas valve and Lo Fan speed
HF----Furnace Fan runs Hi speed..........A/C Fan does NOT run
LF-----Furnace Fan runs Lo speed.............A/C Fan does Not run

Cool Setting: A/C Operation
AU.....A/C compressor runs with Hi/Lo Fan speed
Hi......A/C Compressor and Fan Hi Speed
Lo.....A/C Compressor and Lo Fan seed
HF---A/C Fan Hi Speed----furnace fan does NOT run
LF......A/C Fan Lo Speed........furnace fan does NOT run

FAN Setting: Fan Operation
Hi......A/C Fan and Furnace Fan Hi speed
Lo.....A/C Fan and Furnace Fan Lo speed

http://www.atwoodmobile.com/manuals/...0SP%201.08.pdf
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:29 AM   #4

Excel Owners Club
O-B. I'm a bit confused. In you first statement, it sounds like you say that the furnace fan and AC fan can operate at the same time. Yet in your detailed list, I don't see when that happens. We've owned 3 Excels and none run the furnace and AC fan at the same time. Ours always operated as your listing stated. Just sayin'. Am I missing something? Thanks.
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:01 PM   #5

And you should be confused ...... because I had that completely 180* out of context

A/C Fan runs to help circulate the WARM air from furnace (not furnace fan runs to help circulate COLD air from A/C)

The t-stat FAN setting is for control of A/C Unit Fan
*Furnace fan will only run when HEAT is selected (strictly a function of furnace controls)

With FAN in manual (Hi or Lo) and you run Furnace the A/C Fan will run also
With FAN in manual (Hi or Lo) and you run A/C the A/C Fan will stay running when compressor shuts down
Old 05-06-2018, 12:40 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
O-B.....OK there ya go!!! Ladies and gentleman I believe this is the first time I've found the O-B in a mix up!!!! Ha. He's my go-to guy when I need help. Lots of years of experience for sure. Keep up the good work!

We are now settled down in in a S&B rental in So. Cal. The rig is gone after 13 years of FTing, but I still can't seem to wean my way off the RV forums. I promise to be better!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
O-B.....OK there ya go!!! Ladies and gentleman I believe this is the first time I've found the O-B in a mix up!!!! Ha. He's my go-to guy when I need help. Lots of years of experience for sure. Keep up the good work!

We are now settled down in in a S&B rental in So. Cal. The rig is gone after 13 years of FTing, but I still can't seem to wean my way off the RV forums. I promise to be better!

It's in your blood
No sense in fighting it......it really is an addiction

Old 05-06-2018, 07:41 PM   #8

Thanks Guys
A new thermostat is in order, it doesn't like to turn the AC on without fiddling with it.
Happy campers Catching Walleye perfect temps highs in the 70's
Rick

Tags
thermostat