Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2009, 08:07 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Donna and I participated in the Golden Village RV Resort Chili cookoff this evening. What fun we had doing this deal! There were 15 contestants and about 300 folks to feed. The proceeds went to a favorite charity. We came in 4th place (no cigar), but many folks raved about out real Texas chili and we had none left! Lots of work and even more fun. What a life we have! Here's just a few pix! Check out my cowboy boot coozy! Virg, I dare you ask what a "coozy" is???? Enjoy.
RockinTheChiliGuy.
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2009, 04:01 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congratulations

I'm glad that you clarified that is was Texas Chili. According to the people of New Mexico, "REAL" chili is made with green/red chili from Hatch, NM. That stuff you made with the beans just helps create more methane gas. Next time we sit down for drinks, we'll treat you to some REAL stuff.
Endeavor2BnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:57 AM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Rockin'

Maybe we can have you for our adviser at the Excel Family Reunion.
But maybe not you just can't improve good old Nebraska chili.

Red
Old 01-27-2009, 05:14 AM   #4

Excel Owners Club
and Redcow, I have to carry a good supply of Dorothy Lynch with me or get some shipped. Book2
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:14 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Red,

Unfortunely his was from Kansas at one time. So he would have to help out us first. But your right on the thought that you can't beat <span class="ev_code_RED">Excellent</span> Kansas Chili.

On second thought let's just leave him with Texas. Only good enough for 4th place.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:33 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If I remember hearing right, New Mexico was right up there in the Chili Cook off at reunion.
Endeavor2BnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:37 AM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Alright it is getting deep in here.

Last reunion we made <span class="ev_code_RED">REAL</span> chili and those judges from Kansas didn't give us the trophy. Our chili was gone before we knew it and always had people around the tent.

We thought then and maybe for this reunion that we should just open up Hormel and dump it in the pot and win first prize.

Then we could use the ground beef they give to make hamburgers and sit back and enjoy the picnic.

Maybe we should give a training class on what makes good chili first and then demo the results.
LarryGodby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:21 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryGodby:
Alright it is getting deep in here....Last reunion we made <span class="ev_code_RED">REAL</span> chili ...
Then we could use the ground beef they give to make hamburgers and sit back and enjoy the picnic...
REAL CHILI isn't made with ground beef..and everyone knows real chili has beans served on ths side. ....so does this mean ya'll will be paying my way to the reunion??

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:48 AM   #9

Excel Owners Club
I can't understand what all the different state stuff has to do with good chili....cracks me up. Mama you're right...beans are not part of REAL Chili (my bride makes me put them in and I do like the taste). I use a blend of small stew meat and VERY course ground lean ground meat.

I still have nasty heartburn from all that stuff from last night...but thinking about making a "midnight special" this AM (after workout!)
Midnight special is scrambled eggs, with shredded cheese, chili on top of that, topped with raw onions. Almost as good as menudo for a cruda (hangover). Barbacoa ain't bad either! Now....that's a true Texican!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 01-27-2009, 11:29 AM   #10

Excel Owners Club
It's no wonder you came in 4th. Look at those serving sizes. What's up with that? If you'd given them a bowl instead of a thimble full, you may have placed better.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #11

Excel Owners Club
Virg,

The thimbles were only for the judges. The crowd had large 20 oz bowls with cornbread and coleslaw. The crowd had a choice of anyone's chili or park sponsored chili (Hormal canned!) with all the fixin's.

I bet your park does the same, except with alligator meat! BTW, I love gator tail...it's the best meat of the gator IMHO! Especially dipped in ranch dip. Taste just like chicken...can I get a witness???
Old 01-27-2009, 12:09 PM   #12

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
I bet your park does the same, except with alligator meat
Including the Rangers and volunteers, there are only 10 people in all 83,000 acres of our park at night. Not many chili cookoffs here. But we eat some excellent stone crab claws about once a week.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:13 AM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by book2roadtrash:
and Redcow, I have to carry a good supply of Dorothy Lynch with me or get some shipped. Book2
Book,

You are right, I bet a lot of people have never heard of Dorothy Lynch. She is a good one.

Red
Old 01-28-2009, 09:40 AM   #14

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by redcow:

Book,

You are right, I bet a lot of people have never heard of Dorothy Lynch. She is a good one.

Red
Red , Thats what happens when they never get to Runza country!!! Book2
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote