Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2008, 06:33 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Whatcha think here? At night, I use the courtesy light for the step to the throne room and BR. Except there is only one light, for the lower step. So when I approach the steps from above, I step carefully till I can see the upper step. (In fact, the first month I fell off that step twice, luckily avoiding injury. Oh yeah, the other light wasn't working then either. )

All in favor of adding another light, hold up your cell phone like a candle at an Elton John concert. See that Bryan?

In the mean time, you think a guy could add another light in line with the single light? I'm thinking out loud here, since it's late and I don't intend to poke around in the basement I just packed for departure tomorrow.
Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2008, 06:33 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Whatcha think here? At night, I use the courtesy light for the step to the throne room and BR. Except there is only one light, for the lower step. So when I approach the steps from above, I step carefully till I can see the upper step. (In fact, the first month I fell off that step twice, luckily avoiding injury. Oh yeah, the other light wasn't working then either. )

All in favor of adding another light, hold up your cell phone like a candle at an Elton John concert. See that Bryan?

In the mean time, you think a guy could add another light in line with the single light? I'm thinking out loud here, since it's late and I don't intend to poke around in the basement I just packed for departure tomorrow.
Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:58 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Bruce,
No wonder you needed surgery on that knee. I stepped off that top step too....but I was drunk again! Just kiddin'. Funny you mentioned this topic. I was thinkin' it would be nice to have an additional courtesy lite under the main medicine cabinet in the bathroom (over the sink - enclosed bath). My bride gets excited when I turn on the main lite to get a drink (water this time) during the nite. The courtesy lite on the floor is good for toilet activities, but not for sink stuff. Would be really easy to put one in....just tie it into the existing circuit. Draws almost nothing as far as current...guess I'm just lazy. I thought about it...but that's where it stopped. You got me thinkin' again, Brucy . Tom
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:15 PM   #4

Bruce...
I use aaa battery operated motion lites like These in just such areas you and Tom mention. they have a self adhesive type velcro stuff for mounting and seem to work quite well, can be stuck almost anywhere. I even have one outside that serves as a small porch light when I come home in the dark. I just take it down when traveling though I think it would stay on as the locking velcro sticks quite well. I did weather proof it with silicone glue before putting it outside. I bought mine at Menards and they sell them individually there as well about $6.oo each.

2007 Excel, 30RSO, Demco Glide Ride, B&W Companion.
Max1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:14 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Tom,

Have you thought about closing the BR door while you have the light on?

Paul

04 Excel 33RSE
clspds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:05 AM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Paul,

The bathroom light shines through the bathroom closet door then through the fresh air vent between the bathroom wall and bedroom.

Trust me.....it's a problem. It behooves me to use the courtesy light. Tom
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 04-13-2008, 04:17 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Miss Donna said:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The bathhroom light shines through the bathroom closet door then through the fresh air vent between the bathroom wall and bedroom. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
'Rockin' said: "Yes Ma'am, Honey"!
Old 04-13-2008, 04:30 AM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Chief,

You're right on...you must know something about it!

I'm mean and tough with everyone here, but a puddy tat when it comes to the boss! What a wuss I am. Anyone want to take a jab at me...nows the time....she's still asleep!
Old 04-13-2008, 05:20 AM   #9

Yes, I did notice a difference in behavior when Miss Donna was around. Now I understand why Tom kept talking about the closet vent so much...but he never explained the side effects he was having with it. Now I know.

This explains why he has all those flashlites put everywhere. Thought it was for convience, now I know he's pleasing the 'boss'.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:32 AM   #10

Excel Owners Club
Darn...you guys is smarts! I just don't give you enough credix!
Old 04-13-2008, 10:38 AM   #11

Excel Owners Club
Maybe there is more than just light getting through that "fresh" air vent...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rockintom:
Paul,

The bathhroom light shines through the bathroom closet door then through the fresh air vent between the bathroom wall and bedroom.

Trust me.....it's a problem. It behooves me to use the courtesy light. Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 04-13-2008, 12:50 PM   #12

Excel Owners Club
I think I get it.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:34 PM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Where'd you get that thing!!??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rockintom:
I think I get it.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 04-14-2008, 12:00 AM   #14

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HB Phil:
Where'd you get that thing!!??

I think I get it.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

smileycentral.com