Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
JDT

Bedroom TV

Does anyone know how I can send the satellite to both the front and bedroom TV's? We have the Dish receiver hooked to the living room tv but would like to send it to bedroom tv also. I know it be the same channel but that's okay.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2013, 04:23 AM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Do it through the multi switch in your entertainment center. You will need a RF Switch that allows for two feeds to send it to the bedroom. I don't remember all that I did to send it to the rear TV in the garage. It was not to hard. When I get back to the rig I can get more info for you. The picture does loose quality by doing it this way. No HD.

The better choice would be to have a second receiver in the bedroom, which I have.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:38 AM   #3
JDT

Our Dish Tailgater only allows for one receiver,
Old 07-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ours also has to be on channel 3 to get the Direct TV signal with one box.
Not a Clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDT View Post
Does anyone know how I can send the satellite to both the front and bedroom TV's? We have the Dish receiver hooked to the living room tv but would like to send it to bedroom tv also. I know it be the same channel but that's okay.
Which receiver do you have? We use bell tv in our unit which are made by dish and use all the same LNB's and switches needed. We have three TV's hooked up in our unit. So, maybe I can help if I can look up your receiver.
RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #6
JDT

Okay, let me clarify. I have a Dish VIP211K hooked to the main tv with an HDMI cable. Input from the Tailgater to the receiver is the standard RG6 coming from the outside hookup. The Tailgater which will only feed the one receiver. Excel provides an RG6 cable that is labeled bedroom tv in the same location as the living room tv cables. I tried attaching that cable to output hookup on the back of the receiver thinking it would send the signal to the bedroom tv but it doesn't. Excel has an A/B switch behind the bedroom tv which has 2 cables coming in and one out to the tv. It has to be set on A for the tv to get over the air or cable. I am assuming the B side is hooked to the same cable labeled bedroom tv but, like I said, I can't get a picture from the receiver with it hooked to the cable output from the receiver. All I'm trying to do is get the receiver to send the picture to the bedroom.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDT View Post
Okay, let me clarify. I have a Dish VIP211K hooked to the main tv with an HDMI cable. Input from the Tailgater to the receiver is the standard RG6 coming from the outside hookup. The Tailgater which will only feed the one receiver. Excel provides an RG6 cable that is labeled bedroom tv in the same location as the living room tv cables. I tried attaching that cable to output hookup on the back of the receiver thinking it would send the signal to the bedroom tv but it doesn't. Excel has an A/B switch behind the bedroom tv which has 2 cables coming in and one out to the tv. It has to be set on A for the tv to get over the air or cable. I am assuming the B side is hooked to the same cable labeled bedroom tv but, like I said, I can't get a picture from the receiver with it hooked to the cable output from the receiver. All I'm trying to do is get the receiver to send the picture to the bedroom.
Well, I did a bit of reading on the receiver and believe this is it pictured below.

Also, Like mentioned above you have to go into the menu on the receiver and follow these instructions.

The A/B switch at the TV maybe for external Sat dish hookup to another receiver but I'm not sure. I have a small tester I use on Sat/cable installations that really simplifies things. You put one piece on one end of the cable and put tool on the other and trace cable with loud buzzer sound.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Jim, The A/B switch is for Sat. feed from either a roof mount dish or your Tailgator that is on the ground. The feed cables going into the A/B switch do not go to the multi switch.

Looking at the picture you just posted you need to come from the TV Set Out to the multi switch SAT input. using RG6 cable. Then to send the signal to the bedroom you will need to push in the SAT button on the front of the multi switch on the location that goes to the bedroom.

Hope this clears thing up some for you.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Still,
Most of the multi-switches I've used require dual LNB feeds have never tried a multi switch with only 1-feed but that would be the easiest way.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #10

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
Still,
Most of the multi-switches I've used require dual LNB feeds have never tried a multi switch with only 1-feed but that would be the easiest way.
Rick and all. The multi switch I'm referring to is the one that lets you switch between cable. antenna, Sat or DVD to each TV. Maybe PI doesn't use that anymore.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Why don't you contact your Carrier and let them connect a cable to your bedroom.
I would think that they would send a Technion to your place and do the work for you.
It would be a piece of cake for those who do it all the time.
I was having trouble with my Direct T.V. but one call to the tec. dept and they sent a tec. to my house and fixed it for me.

Just a thought.
Walter5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #12
JDT

Peterson does not use a multi-switch, at least not in mine. Thanks, Rick, for the info. I will study it tomorrow and see if I can come up with something. I have quite a bit of experience with satellite tv as we have had it for a number of years.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Jim,

I was thinking about the easiest way to get the signal over to your bedroom without adding switches that may behind walls and came up with this type of product that will also let you control the receiver in the main room from the bedroom with its ir extender built in. There is also some HDTV versions here as well.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #14
JDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
Jim,

I was thinking about the easiest way to get the signal over to your bedroom without adding switches that may behind walls and came up with this type of product that will also let you control the receiver in the main room from the bedroom with its ir extender built in. There is also some HDTV versions here as well.
Interesting. I didn't even know there was any such products. That will be a last resort but if makes the wife happy it will be worth it. I also considered a 2 receiver satellite dish but already have the Tailgater.