Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:00 AM   #225

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Another Great Best Practice brought to you fom book2roadtrash...

This works good for me when rolling up my 50amp cord. I don't know if this is right or left handed, but all I know is that this works fine for me.. I crab the cord in the middle and stretch it out until it is in a U shape.

Looking at it as it is in the picture I start coiling it in the middle from the right side. As I am coiling both of my hands are turning the cord clockwise until I have the first half done.

I now pick up the coil and turn it upside down and finish coiling the cord. By flipping it over it doesn't tangle when I unwind it.

As you can see I have a nice 18 inch coil that packs easily for travel. This method also works good for garden and air hoses

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2008, 08:01 AM   #226

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by MonacoMama:
<span class="ev_code_RED">Another Great Practice brought to you from BOOK2ROAD TRASH...</span>

This works good for me when rolling up my 50amp cord. I don't now if this is right or left handed, but all I know is that this works fine for me.. I crab the cord in the middle and stretch it out until it is in a U shape.

Looking at it as it is in the picture I start coiling it in the middle from the right side. As I am coiling both of my hands are turning the cord clockwise until I have the first half done.

I now pick up the coil and turn it upside down and finish coiling the cord. By flipping it over it doesn't't tangle when I unwind it.

As you can see I have a nice 18 inch coil that packs easily for travel. This method also works good for garden and air hoses
Book2,

I wasn't criticizing you, just thought it would be better serviced in BP!

I cleaned up the appearance of the photos with the words to make it a little cleaner in the this quote segment. I just put some spaces between the photos and the words. Does it look better? Picky-Picky! Always just trying to help! rockybaby
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:25 AM   #227

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
SKIA...I don't know what you're talking about...I think the post looks great the way it is!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:12 AM   #228

Excel Owners Club
Always trying to show me up...are you? Is that like...male pattern behavior? Oh-Oh!

Remember I'm not all that far from you and can come down and put the "whup-up" on you (only if SACs is away!) May have to have Donna's help, but you know...

After looking back at your "fix-up" job...it looks like you could use some spacing lessons too! I do, however, like the bold statements under the pix. See there, we can team up and do lots of good! Havin' fun as always. By this time ol' Ted is wondering if he wants to be a part of this...or not!!! SKIA
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 11-16-2008, 08:07 PM   #229

Excel Owners Club
[QOUTE] Rockintom Picky-Picky! rockybaby

http://www.avowners.com/forum/smileys/booger.gif

Tom I like it.
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:18 AM   #230

Excel Owners Club
Some time ago I suggested noving the water filter to the left side of the storage compartment so that it can be reached from outside the trailer. It is difficult for some of old timers to crawl in to undo the filter cannister. Bryan may have already addressed this but I will be there if he builds another unit for us. Other than tht we love our 05 MKO.

Chief Cramer
Travelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:22 PM   #231

Excel Owners Club
Chief Bill,

I can solve that problem....get your young bride to do that like I do! No more problem....right? Give Miss Carole a hug for me! rocky
Old 11-28-2008, 05:39 PM   #232

Excel Owners Club
Now that I have a complete hydraulic leveling system so for pads I cut 1 piece of ” treated plywood into 8 pieces 2 foot x 2 foot. Next I glued them cross grained into 4 pieces. I also screwed them together too for more stability. 18”x 18” would have been sufficient, the foot on the down riggers is 8” diameter and rule of thumb is three times the foot for stability.

I decided that it would be easier to carry with a handle

I drilled 2 5/8” holes 2” off of center and 1&5/8” in. I then used ” rope and yes I could have spliced the ends or put an eye splice on both sides, but I was in a hurry to hit the road so I burned the rope ends and put a overhand knot on the ends. Fiberglass pads the same size 1” thick that we use for bucket and digger trucks are $180 a piece. My cost with all materials $46.47. Book2
Old 12-20-2008, 03:28 PM   #233

I found that the hose on the water nozzle attachment in the utility panel was too short to do much good. I cut off the end about 1 foot form the end and put some of those quick disconnet hose fittings. I then did the same thing with a 12' lenght of clear hose. during normal use I use the short section, When I need more hose I just insert the longer length. Works great and give access to hot water, although the pressure is not great. DWG
DGARRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:11 PM   #234

Excel Owners Club
Some of you might find this web site useful Animated knots by Grog Book2
Old 01-09-2009, 06:32 PM   #235

Excel Owners Club
Thanks Book,

I marked it as a favorite....it will come in real handy. rockin'
Old 02-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #236

Excel Owners Club
We love ice!! Were looking for an icemaker, but instead bought an Edgestar 43 qt refrigerator/freezer. Installed it in the closet in the bathroom. It runs on ac & dc so we installed a 12 volt plug and it automatically switches to dc power when ac is unavailable. This unit can be set to function as a freezer or refrigerator depending on your needs at the time. Now we have lots of ice, frozen food & even ice cream!!

2003 Excel Limited 33RSE
1998 International 4700
Allons-y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:33 PM   #237

Excel Owners Club
Hi ally,

Would be interested how well your freezer/ refrig performs on both ac and dc current. Do you know how much current it draws on the dc? Just curious. Thanks for the follow up. rockintom
Old 02-23-2009, 03:28 AM   #238

Excel Owners Club
Steve, I do not believe you are beating the tire issue to death. The more you know the safer you are. I had good luck with Cooper on my previous Holiday Rambler. On my 35' MKO excel I am going to stick with the LT235/85/R/16 with a load of 3750 lbs per tire at 110 psi. My reasoning is I never know if my wife loads us heavy. Never run with full tanks so I think I have room. Shop around for any tire - I have had quotes from $300 installed and balances, $200 from Camping world and $167 at a truck high volume dealer. Same tire but was I suprised.

Good luck Bill Cramer
Travelor is offline   Reply With Quote