Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2007, 06:11 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Tom, if the bike rack mounts in a receiver hitch, it will mount through the Enkay. This is a quality built product that I had on my F-350 dually--DW would have give me **** if I hadn't found a use the Enkays
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2007, 06:20 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
For those that use DirecTV, no experience with Dish, tap off the DirecTV receiver (between the receiver and the TV) for the bdrm TV and run another coax down to the curbside storage compartment. Using an RF (radio frequency--example DirecTV H10) receiver/remote in the bdrm (NOT IFR), you'll be able to watch your TV and change channels outside without the need for another receiver.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:15 PM   #17

Excel Owners Club
I use the Ultraguard flap to keep from throwing rocks into my boat. Bolted it to a piece of angle iron then use self taping screws to mount it to the frame across the back just in front of the factory boat hitch.

It goes all the way across the back like on motorhomes. I like better than what John uses.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:39 AM   #18

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by rockintom:
Thanks Roger,
Would you mind sharing the website address with us? Tom
Here's where I got my CO-2 bottle for air.
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/co2systems.htm
this is the best prices I have found so far.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:28 AM   #19

Excel Owners Club
Water sensor / alarm

On two separate occasions we have had a water leak in the basement utility core, i.e. behind the sliding doors. The first time was when the coach was first received and it was associated with a loose fitting on the water pump. The second time was a leak in the drain for the shower. In both of these cases, the carpet became saturated with water and that is how I noticed it. In order to have a heads-up for this situation if it occurs again, I purchased a battery operated sensor from Lows for $12.95. I mounted it in the basement utility core with the two probes in contact with the carpet. The alarm can be heard from inside the coach. I hope I don't ever hear it, but if I do, It will let me know I have a problem and hopefully before I have too big of a mess.

Bangs, Texas
Highgturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:38 AM   #20

Excel Owners Club
"EXCEL"ent idea!!! I'll look into placing them on in our parts department. From Home experience and also at Fair Shows, were we may have water on units have had water issues, not fun and embarassing. So what a good idea.
wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:40 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks Bob -- on my list for my spring projects. I also had a leak at the shower drain that caused a major mess in the basement compartment. Great idea--do you have any additional information on the sensor?
Old 01-23-2007, 06:53 AM   #22

Excel Owners Club
Bob......you think of it all! Thanks. I had all the water leaks you had and more....I was able to fix them all myself. I'm so peranode I put my hand in there about every other day! Is this thing battery (AA bats) operated? Where in the store do you find it? Brand? Just an alarm or lite too? Tom
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:04 AM   #23

Excel Owners Club
Guys,

These things are available all over, perhaps one of the best ones I have seen is available from Northern tool and equipment. It has a remote sensor. If you mount the box behind the air vent on the bulkhead you can hear it as if it were in the coach.

Northern Tool

Bangs, Texas
Old 01-23-2007, 10:34 AM   #24

Excel Owners Club
Here is one from Home Depot. Use the link, then type in watchdog in the search block.

Home Depot

Bangs, Texas
Old 01-23-2007, 10:38 AM   #25

Excel Owners Club
It sounds like shower leaks are a common problem. Where were your leaks and how were they repaired?
Paul

04 Excel 33RSE
clspds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:42 AM   #26

Excel Owners Club
Mine was like this: The shower on the upper deck has a PVC pipe that comes straight out of the shower floor and is rigidly attached to the top of the holding tank through a "P" trap. There appears to be some up and down movement in that pipe when you go down the road. The Tec. after several attempts to stop the leak by removing and re installing the "P" trap and pipe assembly, decided the straight pipe was actually too long. It appeared that way to me also. He elected to cut the straight pipe in the middle and remove one inch from it. He then installed a thick rubber boot over the pipe an put a clamp on both sides. So far, I have not had any more problems with it and I don't think I will. I think the boot will allow some needed flex in the pipe.

By the way, Jack sent me a check to cover the service call.

Bangs, Texas
Old 01-23-2007, 12:11 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for sharing the "fix" for the shower drain leak. I've removed/installed the drain pipe several times and I still have a seep at times--not enough to cause immediate concern as I have a bucket under the elbow. Something else for Jack and his crew to repair in June.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:17 PM   #28

Excel Owners Club
Mine was a minor leak where the drain and the fiberglass floor meet. I located it by running water in the shower (may have to have a person in shower to duplicate flex in floor) then going out and looking in the bay area under shower to determine the source. I dried it up and "pookied" it up with silicone (flexible). Let dry overnite and recheck leak. OK now. We FT and that was 19 months ago. Note: be careful with the rough fiberglass texture on the outside if your smoothing silicone with your fingers, it is very sharp and can cut you. Tom
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote