Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #43

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
I ordered a Center Point Air Ride Suspension kit (part # 1565391) from Tweety's today. $1250 for the kit with free shipping.

I also ordered four Monroe Gas Magnum RV Shock Absorber (part # 555001) from Stengel Bros. for $110 ($25.27 each plus shipping).

Plan to istall next week. Will keep you posted on ease of installation and performance.
I am scheduled to install the Center Point Air Ride suspension on my Excel Winslow 34IKE on 12/20/13. Weather has not cooperated.

I addition to the Center Point and shocks, I'll replace the bushing with Never-Fail bushings. I also ordered a Whisper Never-Fail Slip Disk.

Wish me luck....

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #44

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
I am scheduled to install the Center Point Air Ride suspension on my Excel Winslow 34IKE on 12/20/13. Weather has not cooperated.

I addition to the Center Point and shocks, I'll replace the bushing with Never-Fail bushings. I also ordered a Whisper Never-Fail Slip Disk.

Wish me luck....
Doc, thanks for the update. It almost sounds like you're having someone install your update. Are you?

I've looked and looked and can't figure out what the Whisper Slip Disk does or where it mounts. Help me understand, please! rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #45

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Doc, thanks for the update. It almost sounds like you're having someone install your update. Are you?

I've looked and looked and can't figure out what the Whisper Slip Disk does or where it mounts. Help me understand, please! rockin'
Yes, I hired a guy to install the Center Point, shocks and bushings. He's the same guy that replaced my broken springs. I'd rather pay someone to install and let me take pictures. I can't risk injury to my precious hands and fingers. He is charging a fair and reasonable fee for his time. I'm supplying all the parts.

The Whisper Slip Disk is a replacement for the standard king pin Teflon disk. It is made of the same modified polyamide as the Never-Fail bushing. It has a lifetime guarantee.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 12-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #46

Excel Owners Club
Thanks Doc.....those precious hands and fingers make you enough coin to be able to afford someone to install. Good for you. If you could keep me sober long enough I would have done the job for half the price. Just BS'ing ya as always! rockin'

Maybe I was just lucky, my Teflon disk lasted me about 6 years of FTing (I'll guess 80,000 miles of towing trouble free). And at $7.99 (on sale) I felt good about replacing it with a fresh one a couple of years ago. rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 12-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #47

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
....my Teflon disk lasted me about 6 years of FTing (I'll guess 80,000 miles of towing trouble free). And at $7.99 (on sale) I felt good about replacing it with a fresh one a couple of years ago. rockin'
My Reese white Teflon disk is showing some scarring after 14 months and 14K miles. I've already flipped it once.

I like trying new products to review.

If the Whisper Disk is good or bad, I'll share my opinion.

It is a bit overpriced. Time will tell if it lives up to its billing.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 12-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #48

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
My Reese white Teflon disk is showing some scarring after 14 months and 14K miles. I've already flipped it once.

I like trying new products to review.

If the Whisper Disk is good or bad, I'll share my opinion.

It is a bit overpriced. Time will tell if it lives up to its billing.
My original disk never really failed completely. The center of it (where the disk fits snuggly to the kingpin) became loose. I was afraid I was lose it when disconnect. CW had them on sale so I took the plunge ! rockin'