Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2009, 10:49 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
so SKIA ...maybe I can have you do a "restringing" class while you are in Sacramento. Of course - it may take me watching you do two of mine before I can try one on my own!

By the way...any idea when you might make it to this fine region?

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2009, 08:41 AM   #30

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoMama View Post
so SKIA ...maybe I can have you do a "restringing" class while you are in Sacramento. Of course - it may take me watching you do two of mine before I can try one on my own!

By the way...any idea when you might make it to this fine region?
Are YOU travelling with your "blinds up" too! Shame on you! You're always trying to "show off"!

We can do it, but I don't have enough fishing line to do another shade right now. We'd have to find some. Wonder if we could use some of the thread out of your blue whip!!!

Sacs, Donna and the Pins could watch!

Still don't know if we'll be coming through....but will know in a couple of weeks. Happy Hour, dinner, a nippin' (by the pins of course) and a whippin'....what more could a guy ask for?

2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:50 AM   #31

Excel Owners Club
SKIA,

Go to any sporting goods store the sells fishing line. Get the braided line and you can get more than you should even need for you rig. So with that said you can go around and restring all of our rigs!!
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:25 AM   #32

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Working "NOT" View Post
SKIA,

Go to any sporting goods store the sells fishing line. Get the braided line and you can get more than you should even need for you rig. So with that said you can go around and restring all of our rigs!!
Trust me Still, I've shopped many sporting good stores......and most don't have the really big stuff like 130 lbs. test line which is the same basic diameter as the original string. Comments from other folks that have used small diameter line is that it wears out the hard plastic sleeves or bushings. Needs more area of contact with the line to the sleeve. Ebay always seems to have only the very large spools....like 600+ yards! .
I'll keep lookin' It takes alot of line to do a shade. My 25 X 39 - 2 string shade takes 16ft. of line. The big windows are 4 strings and are longer like 50 in.

Your rig needs restring already? OMG what are you and Ms. Billie doing there.
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 10-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #33

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Trust me Still, I've shopped many sporting good stores......and most don't have the really big stuff like 130 lbs. test line which is the same basic diameter as the original string. Comments from other folks that have used small diameter line is that it wears out the hard plastic sleeves or bushings. Needs more area of contact with the line to the sleeve. Ebay always seems to have only the very large spools....like 600+ yards! .
I'll keep lookin' It takes alot of line to do a shade. My 25 X 39 - 2 string shade takes 16ft. of line. The big windows are 4 strings and are longer like 50 in.

Your rig needs restring already? OMG what are you and Ms. Billie doing there.
Tom, go to Cabela's, Bass Pro Shops, Gander Mountian They got it. With you being out there on the West Coast surely there is a fishing tackel shop around there that sells what you need. Hope this help you. Maybe I need to send you links.

I will not need mine restrung for a few years, by then you will old and forgetful. So be good to your couple of friends and take care of them.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:52 PM   #34

Excel Owners Club
Do you have any diagrams and tips for restringing the day-night shades. I would like to replace the string in one of my shades.
dream reachers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #35

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Tom, go to Cabela's, Bass Pro Shops, Gander Mountian They got it. With you being out there on the West Coast surely there is a fishing tackel shop around there that sells what you need. Hope this help you. Maybe I need to send you links.

I will not need mine restrung for a few years, by then you will old and forgetful. So be good to your couple of friends and take care of them.
Thanks Still, I'm way ahead of you...I have tried Cabela's and Brass Pro.....hadn't check Gander Mountain. If anyone runs across some, please let me know. rockin'
Old 10-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #36

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream reachers View Post
Do you have any diagrams and tips for restringing the day-night shades. I would like to replace the string in one of my shades.
Dreamers,

I did a little write up on it here This is page 16 post #215 back in 2/28/08. I now have been using the fishing line instead of the regular string as mention in this update thread. It's really easy....just be patient and not rush when doing it. Hope that helps and we see ya down the road. rockin'
Old 10-12-2009, 10:09 PM   #37

Excel Owners Club
White River Fly Shop MAGIBRAID Flyline Backing

Tom, why wouldn't this work? 50lb test. Wandering minds would like to know.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:24 PM   #38

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
White River Fly Shop MAGIBRAID Flyline Backing

Tom, why wouldn't this work? 50lb test. Wandering minds would like to know.
Thanks for looking Still, That line is hollow core and it doesn't give the diameter which needs to be somewhere around .022".

Here's one that I came up with at Cabellas. Not badly priced either. rocky
Old 10-12-2009, 10:58 PM   #39

Excel Owners Club
I knew they had it. Cabela's went offline while I was looking. I hang out at Cabela's way to much to not know what they have. Costly most of the time.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:27 AM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
so...SKIA.. do I need to get some of that before you get here?!!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:43 AM   #41

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoMama View Post
so...SKIA.. do I need to get some of that before you get here?!!
I got some on order...thanks! Supposed to be here on 10/22/09. Hope this is the right stuff....they don't list diameter specs. The line by looking at it in the pic is white with little green specs is the same as the line I had been using. You can't even see it unless you know it's there. SKIA
Old 10-13-2009, 05:57 PM   #42

Excel Owners Club
day-night shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Dreamers,

I did a little write up on it here This is page 16 post #215 back in 2/28/08. I now have been using the fishing line instead of the regular string as mention in this update thread. It's really easy....just be patient and not rush when doing it. Hope that helps and we see ya down the road. rockin'
Thank you Tom. I will try that when I get to one spot for a while. I got snowed on last night, time to head south, leaving Vermont.
dream reachers is offline   Reply With Quote