Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2021, 07:45 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Dining Room slide question for Rockintom

Hey Tom, have you ever had or heard of the trailer settling down on the dining room slide? My vertical spacing on the front and back are the same top to bottom. The top spacing at the front starts at a 1/4" and closes to where the gutter sits on the slide. The only way to open the slide is drop the front right landing gear and twist the frame before you unhook. When the slide is in it is off of the rollers. Wanted your input before I talk to Curtis.

Thanks Mark
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2021, 08:47 PM   #2

If RV is level.....then slide needs adjustment
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 07:48 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Mark, I have to agree with OB. Sorry I'm no more help.
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 11:30 AM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Thanks OB and Rockin. I'm new to slides, so it's a learning curve as to when you are starting to have problems and how to maintain them.
Mark
Old 12-07-2021, 07:30 AM   #5

Any instructions available for adjusting slides? I’m having some issues with my 2012 33GKE. The dining slide has always slanted down. Now it’s starting to catch on the top gutter. If I raise it enough for the floor to be level, there appears to be no way it would nest inside the top trim. Pictures and more info coming later today but given the age of this post, I’ll prob start a new one.
Spencer68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 10:06 AM   #6

Excel Owners Club
I'm not real good on giving instructions on aligning slides online. If I can see it, I can may be of some help. I'll wait to see pix or maybe post a video on You Tube and then send me the link. rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 12-08-2021, 10:16 AM   #7

Excel Owners Club
It's possible that the lag bolts attaching the sidewall to the floor have given way allowing the sidewall to "settle". A call to Curtis at the Excel Service Center may be of value. His number is 785-686-3080

Bryan
ExcelRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 10:33 AM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Great point Bryan!
Old 12-08-2021, 04:01 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
My apologies for not giving a follow up to the original post.
Spencer 68, follow Bryan's advice. I spent a week and a half at Smith Center getting my dining room wall frame work rebuilt. Broken lag bolt and dry rot from (both ends) the slide molding not caulked properly. Was lucky, the header was not affected
Mark

Tags
slide