Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #1

Excel dealers in Texas

We are strongly considering making a 3-4 year old Excel as our first 5er purchase. I notice that there seems to be a lot of Texans on this forum. Is that because there is a great dealer in Texas to purchase an Excel from, or because you guys just have lots of $. Seriously, is there a top notch Excel dealer in Texas?
KnightsWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsWatch View Post
We are strongly considering making a 3-4 year old Excel as our first 5er purchase. I notice that there seems to be a lot of Texans on this forum. Is that because there is a great dealer in Texas to purchase an Excel from, or because you guys just have lots of $. Seriously, is there a top notch Excel dealer in Texas?
Here's a place to start. Dealer Locator - Excel RVs

Many Texans are Escapee Members and are Full Timers. Many folks will probably chime in here of their favorite dealer. rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Favorite dealer and worth the drive out of Texas is NM RV Sales in Moriarty NM, east of Albuquerque on I-40. Top Excel Dealer since 2000. As with any Excel Dealer you will find great service after the sale. They specialize in new and pre owned Excels.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:47 AM   #4

There are at least 3 dealers in Texas. I use American Truck and RV in San Angelo. The last I looked they had one or two used Excels on the lot and a couple of new ones.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by didymop View Post
Favorite dealer and worth the drive out of Texas is NM RV Sales in Moriarty NM, east of Albuquerque on I-40. Top Excel Dealer since 2000. As with any Excel Dealer you will find great service after the sale. They specialize in new and pre owned Excels.

I also 2nd didymop, RV sales is worth the drive. We came all the way form Mass. to get ours. They really make you feel like family and have lots of new and used excels to choose from. Go on their web site and look. Here's their site rvsalesnm.com

Rsteabag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Wow Teabag...that's far better than the 'walking a mile for a camel' ad from years ago.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #7

Thank you all for the input. I haven't really had any difficulty locating dealers. I was primarily asking about dealers that people have had good experieces with.

I had found RV Sales of NV through another post on this forum. Good to hear that people are happy with them. Right now they don't have quite what we're looking for (if we knew exactly what that was LOL) I like the location as we will probably be spending our winters somewhere in either Phoenix of Tuscon. I have been using the dealer locator on the Excel site. Their dealers sure are a long ways apart. Sort of like Mercedes dealers I guess.

Has anyone dealt with Bennet's in Granbury, TX? Thanks.
KnightsWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsWatch View Post
...Has anyone dealt with Bennet's in Granbury, TX? Thanks.
I took delivery of my 2013 Excel Winslow from Bennett's RV in Granbury.

Ask for Gary. Tell him Russell sent you. He's a nice, honest salesman.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
Tell him Russell sent you. He's a nice, honest salesman.
Now there's two crooks workin' together.......just kidding! I wouldn't want to tick Doc off.....as he may be workin' on my mouth someday!!! U never know....wouldn't want him to forget to sterilize his tools or something!!! rockin' all in fun and yours in holding tanks!!!!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
excel, texas