Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2006, 07:51 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
While Peterson Industries makes a great fifth wheel, their website (as well as their brochure) leaves a lot to be desired.

For one thing, the website (and the brochure) don't list ALL the options available...or even all the standard items.

But the biggest problem with the website, IMO, is that there is NO dealer locator!!! Why are they trying to keep the location of their dealers secret? Other RV manufacturer's websites have a dealer locator...in fact, when we were trying to decide which fifth wheel to buy, one of the ones we were looking at was the HitchHiker II. NuWa's website has a dealer locator where you can click on the state you want and you're given the list of ALL the dealers in that state. In fact, when I sent for a brochure, one of the items I received was a listing of ALL their dealers across the United States!

In this day and age of the Internet being used to do research and even buying, it makes no sense to try and keep your dealers a secret.

I DID, however, come across this site where someone had compiled all the Excel dealers (or at least most of them). It is a bit out of date (the ones listed in Nevada, for example, are apparently no longer Excel dealers).

I think the above website would be a great resource for Excel owners and wannabes if it was kept up to date. I've already notified the owner that the 2 Nevada dealers he has listed are no longer Excel dealers. I haven't gone through the entire list checking on each dealer he has listed, but did check out some of the states surrounding Arizona.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2006, 07:51 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
While Peterson Industries makes a great fifth wheel, their website (as well as their brochure) leaves a lot to be desired.

For one thing, the website (and the brochure) don't list ALL the options available...or even all the standard items.

But the biggest problem with the website, IMO, is that there is NO dealer locator!!! Why are they trying to keep the location of their dealers secret? Other RV manufacturer's websites have a dealer locator...in fact, when we were trying to decide which fifth wheel to buy, one of the ones we were looking at was the HitchHiker II. NuWa's website has a dealer locator where you can click on the state you want and you're given the list of ALL the dealers in that state. In fact, when I sent for a brochure, one of the items I received was a listing of ALL their dealers across the United States!

In this day and age of the Internet being used to do research and even buying, it makes no sense to try and keep your dealers a secret.

I DID, however, come across this site where someone had compiled all the Excel dealers (or at least most of them). It is a bit out of date (the ones listed in Nevada, for example, are apparently no longer Excel dealers).

I think the above website would be a great resource for Excel owners and wannabes if it was kept up to date. I've already notified the owner that the 2 Nevada dealers he has listed are no longer Excel dealers. I haven't gone through the entire list checking on each dealer he has listed, but did check out some of the states surrounding Arizona.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:27 PM   #3
zip

I agree. There needs to be a dealer locator readily available for those of us who are comparing fivers.
2nd suggestion- a classified section for your owners forum.
Thanks for your forum. Excels are great products.

zip.94 Terry 5'er 30.5ft.
zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 04:43 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zip:
2nd suggestion- a classified section for your owners forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zip, there is a Classified section here on the IRV2.com website...we have our Lazy Daze advertised there!

If you'll scroll up to the very top of this page, you'll see where it says "Classifieds."
Old 11-24-2006, 01:59 PM   #5
zip

Oh. I wasn't familiar with the owners forums- I thought each one had its own classified area. .

zip.94 Terry 5'er 30.5ft.
zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:35 PM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

zip, not only do we have our own iRV2 classifieds section, we have our own photo gallery as well, where you can upload photos to your own gallery and display them here in your posts...All your photo needs in order to show on the site is a URL or http address...

WELCOME to iRV2, I look forward to hearing more of your experiences with your Excel fiver...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:13 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Linda,

If the website and the brochure don't list all the features and option of the Excel line, where might this information be available?
Jim & Bona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:16 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Jim & Bona,
I suggest you contact Peterson Ind. Sales at their email address: sales@excelrvs.com and/or call 800.368.3759. IMO, Peterson Ind. stands-out from most RV manufacturers in that they welcome direct contact with prospective and current owners.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
The descriptions of the options leave a lot to be desired...like details

Sure would like to see the prices of the options on the price calculator, rather than clicking each option and subtracting the increase from the prior cost. (You know.)

And I thought I saw a link to this forum on their web site when it started. Don't see it now.

Free beer would be nice too...at least popcorn.
Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote