Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2011, 09:01 AM   #1

faucet identification..help

I have a dripping kitchen faucet in my 2007 Classic 33RSO. I expect that I need a replacement cartridge...but I cannot identify what brand/model faucet I have. When you remove the handle..you see a white plastic cartridge with fluted/splined sides..not wrench flats. I have not wanted to dissassemble until I had replacement parts in hand. Changing the entire faucet looks like a horror show from an access point of view..

It does not look very much like the Utopia faucet I have seen on Excel's parts book. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
litespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Can you post a photo? You might have a Moen faucet, but without seeing it, no one can say for sure.

Terry
tmh462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When I replaced ours, I took the cartridge to Home Depot & they had one that worked. It stopped the dripping. They were about $10 ea.
Endeavor2BnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Hey lite,

A pic would be nice.......but both my 05 and 10 models hade the Moen kitchen fixture. If it is, call Moen and they will send you parts to fix for free. No labor, but parts are lifetime on all Moen stuff.

Just FYI.....on your bathroom sink fixture ours was a Huntington Brass and they do the same thing - send parts for free. (even though they don't advertise it or put it in writing). I've always dealt with a nice guy at CS named Sergio Sanchez @ Sergio@huntingtonbrass.com Just FYI...... rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:05 PM   #5

My 07 30RSO is a Moen- but when I tried to replace the head because the sprayer froze I could not locate the same from there web site choices. They did send a similar that was close. PI may have the parts to fix it.
gd lk, Ray
ray/wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Easy way to do this is to shut off the water, pulling the cartridge and heading to Lpwe'e. Home Depot or Ace hardware.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #7

Looks like I need to remove cartridge and just go shopping. I assume that the cartridge unscrews from the top..as I can see threads on it?
litespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:23 AM   #8

A Google search has more than what you need.

Not knowing your model...this should cover everything.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workshop View Post
A Google search has more than what you need.

Not knowing your model...this should cover everything.

I have used a photo and done a photo search on Google with some success. The new one Google Goggles hasn't been out long enough to be really developed, but I would almost make a positive bet that the day is coming that one will be able to take a picture of a part and Google will tell you what it is and where to purchase it.
BSmith01 is offline   Reply With Quote