Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2014, 11:19 PM   #15

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
Tom, some may feel the dark paint schemes are more striking. I'm more practical and subdued. Unlike some "rockin" people.....
And don't forget you're regimented!!! Isn't past your 9 PM bedtime? Gotcha!

And I thought I was agreeing and complimenting with your choice of colours (sorry, I'm leaving to Victoria, BC in the AM)!!! Eh?

Recon we's OT yet?
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2014, 06:08 AM   #16
JDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
Peterson Industries changed to full body paint on all Excels (including EL Winslows) a few months before I ordered mine. Partial body was still listed in the brochure for Winslows for 2013.

I preferred the lighter full body paint offered on the Winslows. The Limiteds were much darker. Living in Texas I was concerned about heat absorption from the sun with dark paint. I chose the rubber roofed Winslow with light paint over the fiberglass roofed Limited with dark paint. I do not regret my decision.

Another mid year 2013 change was taller living area slides. I was fortunate mine was ordered after that change as well.
It would have been nice if we could have gotten the taller slides. We ordered ours on April 3, 2012 and I think the model year change was April 1. None of the changes had taken place. In fact, our model was discontinued a bit later and does not even show up in the NADA guide under the 2013's. I was trying to keep the cost at about the same as the money we got for our motorhome but I think the fbp would have been worth it even though ours still looks like the day we bought it. Keeping it inside is a big advantage in that area. I just hope the vinyl decorations hold up. Not sure I could get the wife to spring for another one anytime soon as she really likes what we have.

We are finally leaving Monday for our first trip of the year. This has been one heck of a year so far with the wife loosing her dad and having issues with her mother. Three weeks in Colorado and home for four then off again for 5-6. I've only pulled for a couple of hundred miles and hope the Center Points do their thing. If I've got this right all I need to worry about is keeping the arms on the bags parallel to each other. With it sitting there is about 10 pounds of pressure difference from one side to the other but I guess that doesn't matter as long as they are lined up.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:33 AM   #17

Excel Owners Club
Jim:

We've take 18 trips this year. 65 nights, 29 campgrounds.

Don't worry about the Center Points. Air them up before you leave. Adjust the pressure to keep the arms reasonably parallel.

And yes, we are officially OT now.....

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:44 AM   #18

Excel Owners Club
Our 2005 Limited did not have FBP; our 2012 does. What a world of difference in ease of cleaning. Cleaner and water takes off the kamikaze bugs. Ours is lighter colors; taupe, tan, and burgundy and we have 2 ACs. Well worth the investment.

2012 36RKM; Didymop
2005 1-ton Dually: Kemosabe
2008 Solara Convertible: Jake
Old 07-18-2014, 11:38 PM   #19

Excel Owners Club
I think since you are thinking about a WC with FBP the one suggestion I would have is to make sure you get multiple layers of clear coat. I only got one coat and wished I would have gotten 4 coats.
RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:41 PM   #20

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
I think since your are thinking about a WC with FBP the one suggestion I would have is to make sure you get multiple layers of clear coat. I only got one coat and wished I would have gotten 4 coats.
And I thought they came standard with 3 coats of BCCC??? Are you sure you only got 1 coat? You musta beat Bryan down on the price! rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:48 PM   #21

Excel Owners Club
RT,
Lets just say there was a communication break down.
RickS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint