Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2018, 05:23 AM   #1

Georgetown 31L1 2018

Hello I am a new motor home owner. When traveling the inverter only works on propane for the refrigerator. I have had fifth wheels where it work on both. Wondering if this model does not do that. The owners manual does not offer any info. Has anyone had a similar issue
Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2018, 06:23 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I don’t own a Georgetown so I can’t answer your rig specific question. I just wanted to welcome you to the IRV2 forums. In general, most people run their refrigerator on propane while traveling just to conserve the battery power.

Currently between coaches.
Dsallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 06:39 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcom to the Forum..

Quote:
When traveling the inverter only works on propane for the refrigerator. I have had fifth wheels where it work on both
Not sure exactly what you are asking???

Inverters normally convert 12 volts DC to 110volts AC..

If you have a residential frig, it probably runs on an inverter when not connected to shore or generator power.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 06:40 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
I would be surprised if the inverter fed the reefer for AC operation. It is a very inefficient use of battery power as propane reefers have a heater that runs in place of the flame but it draws a lot of power.
Sbrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 07:03 AM   #5
JDT

This is the Excel fifth wheel owners forum. Might want to have this moved to the Georgetown forum, if there is one.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 07:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees View Post
Hello I am a new motor home owner. When traveling the inverter only works on propane for the refrigerator. I have had fifth wheels where it work on both. Wondering if this model does not do that. The owners manual does not offer any info. Has anyone had a similar issue

The fridge is a norcold 1200 and get a error cold when trying to run on 110 the propane does run fine when traveling. I appreciate the response
Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:21 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Which error code do you get?

Currently between coaches.
Dsallach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow