Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2016, 08:21 PM   #15

Excel Owners Club
I forgot about your "problem"....

Turn it into a box wine dispenser.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2016, 08:51 PM   #16

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
I forgot about your "problem"....

Turn it into a box wine dispenser.
Ingenious idea!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:42 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:20 AM   #18

Excel Owners Club
I can't believe you managed to make this thread a two pager.
Don
dw8ite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:46 AM   #19

Excel Owners Club
You know Don, it doesn't take much to entertain some of us!!!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 05-13-2016, 09:15 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
You know Don, it doesn't take much to entertain some of us!!!

I'm not entertained...I'm confused?

Should I be using soap, a hand sanitizer (or are they the same)... disposable gloves or the heavy duty ones... and if I chose to use the wine method, is it to pour over the gloves and hands to sanitize them when I'm through, as in the movies, or for drinking?

Last question... if I use the wine, should I consider the dark color to keep it from changing color between trips?

workhorse
Old 05-13-2016, 09:43 AM   #21

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workshop View Post
I'm not entertained...I'm confused?

Should I be using soap, a hand sanitizer (or are they the same)... disposable gloves or the heavy duty ones... and if I chose to use the wine method, is it to pour over the gloves and hands to sanitize them when I'm through, as in the movies, or for drinking?

Last question... if I use the wine, should I consider the dark color to keep it from changing color between trips?

workhorse
I ever a question work, always go with cheap red wine!!!

Oh look.....I just turned 8K "quality" posts! Ha! Just like this one!
Old 05-13-2016, 02:01 PM   #22

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workshop View Post
Last question... if I use the wine, should I consider the dark color to keep it from changing color between trips? workhorse
Soap is effective as long as you rinse your hands after washing, but you should never use antibacterial soaps for any reason. If you can't or prefer not to rinse you hands use an alcohol based hand sanitizer since bacteria can't become resistant to alcohol. Bacteria can't become resistant to soap either since soap doesn't kill bacteria (because you're not using antibacterial soap, right?) but just binds with it so it goes wherever the rinse water goes.
I prefer the disposable gloves when I use them because storing the heavy duty ones becomes another exercise in storing another contaminated item. Usually I ignore the gloves, since I'm going to wash my hands anyway.
Rinsing with wine sounds like a waste of wine. Since wine goes bad, I'm guessing there isn't enough alcohol to kill bacteria. Booze maybe, at 80 proof or better, but it hardly seems worth it for just handling waste water.
Still, it is thirsty work. - John
janieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 02:25 PM   #23

Excel Owners Club
Oh my goodness! Look what I started. At least I got a little stimulation to the dead Excel forum!!!! Yay!!!
Old 05-13-2016, 03:29 PM   #24

Thanks John for the information....

workhorse
Old 05-15-2016, 10:02 PM   #25

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Oh my goodness! Look what I started. At least I got a little stimulation to the dead Excel forum!!!! Yay!!!
Rockin', what do you mean dead EXCEL forum. This forum isn't dead, maybe ready for a little life-support but not dead.

Borrowing from Toby Keith, "It ain't as good as it once was. But it's as good once as it ever was."
CARLnJANIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:25 AM   #26

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLnJANIS View Post
Rockin', what do you mean dead EXCEL forum. This forum isn't dead, maybe ready for a little life-support but not dead.

Borrowing from Toby Keith, "It ain't as good as it once was. But it's as good once as it ever was."
Thanks Carl......I needed that!