Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2011, 09:04 AM   #15

Thank all of you very much for taking the time to help educate me on these hitches. It appears that B & W is preferred by several of you but I have not been able to locate them making a hitch to handle 19,000 lbs. If you are aware of one please let me know where to find it.
Many thanks again,
Wayne
wbrewr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #16

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrewr View Post
Thank all of you very much for taking the time to help educate me on these hitches. It appears that B & W is preferred by several of you but I have not been able to locate them making a hitch to handle 19,000 lbs. If you are aware of one please let me know where to find it.
Many thanks again,
Wayne
I have had a couple of B&W hitches and I really think your weight rating is just to heavy for this hitch. I would go with a 25K rated hitch since that is the rating the truck you will have to buy should have. I am now using a Trailer Saver Air hitch and is by far the best hitch I have used. I had the Ford 25K (Elite) in my 2011 DRW F350 and worked OK. If you go that route consider a Ride glide or air pin box hitch for your trailer.
RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:45 PM   #17

We use a Husky Airsafe 5th wheel hitch. They are available in a variety of weight ratings. Great ride a much easier on the truck and trailer than a solid hitch.
Husky Towing Products | Home
2old2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:48 PM   #18

If you get a shortbed truck- we have the 30RSO and 2500 Chevy Duramax crewcab short bed- I would definitely recommend the PullRite SuperGlide automatic slider hitch!!! Its performance has been awesome. have had dit over 2 years now and logged a lot of miles using it. Just got back from Alaska. It has been great. And the customer service at PullRite has been wonderful. We have to call them with questions when we traded trucks and moved the hitch and etc. They were wonderful!
And this way we can have the shortbed truck- much easier parking for me!
punkin70 is offline   Reply With Quote