Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcelRVGuy View Post
That's a very true statement. "If it's such a good idea, it will sell, If it is not, then it won't..."

After designing units for over 20 years, I have to say I've never one time thought "This unit is a REAL DOG!!!! Let's build a bunch of them!" haha

I've always thought each new model offers something unique that a different model doesn't. Tradition holds that this year's #1 selling floorplan probably won't even be in our line-up 4 years from now.

We offer roughly 30 floorplans, most with one of four bathroom options... giving our family members over 120 choices to choose from.

One thing always holds true: Next year's models will be based on how well they sold this year. For every new model designed, an old model has to go and it's usually based on sales.

The 37SDF may not even make the cut next year... But then again.... maybe it will!!!!

Bryan
Wish you hadn't decided to not build the Winslow 34SKE. We would have seriously considered ordering one this fall.
KnightsWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #30

Excel Owners Club
Hi Knight,

I'm not Bryan....but they've built the SKE/SKO over the years and I find the floorplan very interesting. We've even considered it. I lot of kitchen stuff in the very shallow slide. To me it would make the roadside slide quite heavy. Anyway, I don't think it was a big seller for PI.....however I'm sure Bryan will chime in here and give us the real poop on it. rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:21 AM   #31

Excel Owners Club
After reading all the posts on this subject on Rv.Net, I took the liberty of posting this quote/excerpt from Bryan's post.

"As many of you know, we had a very nice article in Trailer Life about our new "concept" unit, the Winslow D37SDF. I realize that this unit is not for everyone with the concept of having the entry door in the slide-out. That's why we created the exact same floorplan (D37IKF) with the door in the conventional location."

It appeared that none of the posters, 6 Pages, are aware that If they don't like that entry door, there is another option to buy the same FP without it.

So, there it is...THE FACTS have been posted, but as some of you noted, it won't matter, BUT, I feel better!

Sidney

www.aworldtraveler.com
sidkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #32

Excel Owners Club
Bryan,

Here's another great marketing idea! Of course the other faucet tap is white! If you use this idea I want 10% for royalty!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wine Tap!.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	45023  
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 08-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #33

Excel Owners Club
As I stated earlier, the decision to introduce, build, keep in the line up, or delete from the line up is nearly always based on how well we think it will sell, or has been selling.

When we put the 34SKE on our website as a future floorplan, out of nearly 4000 MSRP inquiries the 34SKE received 8. 2 - Winslows and 6 - Limiteds. Not nearly enough to warrant investing the prototype dollars.

The model receiving an overwhelming number of requests is the 38RDE. So, we plan to prototype it for November build.

Bryan

PS... Tom, if I could install that faucet into a new unit, would you be willing to trade?
ExcelRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #34

Excel Owners Club
OMG, Tom you really made us laugh with that one. Great idea and actually pretty easy to accomplish especially with your engineering skills.
Then you can get a Neon Sign and happy hour at the CG will take on a whole new meaning.

Sidney

www.aworldtraveler.com
sidkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #35

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
As I stated earlier, the decision to introduce, build, keep in the line up, or delete from the line up is nearly always based on how well we think it will sell, or has been selling.

When we put the 34SKE on our website as a future floorplan, out of nearly 4000 MSRP inquiries the 34SKE received 8. 2 - Winslows and 6 - Limiteds. Not nearly enough to warrant investing the prototype dollars.

The model receiving an overwhelming number of requests is the 38RDE. So, we plan to prototype it for November build.

Bryan

PS... Tom, if I could install that faucet into a new unit, would you be willing to trade?
Bryan,

You sure know how to shut me up!!! Our ol' Charm will have to do for a while......you know how resistant to "change" we are!!! Guess we'll have to drink out of the old fashion Wal-Mart box like the rest of our low-life friends!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #36

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidkaye View Post
OMG, Tom you really made us laugh with that one. Great idea and actually pretty easy to accomplish especially with your engineering skills.
Then you can get a Neon Sign and happy hour at the CG will take on a whole new meaning.

Sidney

Yeah Sid! And just think........it's like one stop shopping......drain your bladder and freshin' up your wine.......all at the same time!!! You gotta admit sometimes I really think these things thru!!!! rockin'
Old 08-31-2013, 08:44 AM   #37

Quote:

Bryan

I understand your decision. I find it surprising that there wasn't more interest as it is essentially what has to be the floorplan that Teton sold over their last 5 years. We have been considering buying a used Teton for both the floorplan and the wood stud framing. When we saw you had the floorplan we wanted, we had decided we would maybe buy new. Thanks.
KnightsWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:49 AM   #38
JDT

That would be a nice option, Tom, but I would think something like a water/wine/beer dispenser in the fridge door would work better so it would already be chilled. If too much ask eliminate the water.

Okay, seriously, just an observation from a not-in-the-market-for-a-while customer, but we do hope to live long enough to need/want our fourth Excel.

I know the island kitchen is really popular but the wife and I like the open floor plans much better which is the reason we got the rear kitchen. Obviously we are in the minority as I notice our model is not available this year. Hopefully when we are something will be available.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:09 AM   #39

Carolina Campers
Is there a link to see the new "concept" unit, the Winslow D37SDF?
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:40 PM   #40

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Is there a link to see the new "concept" unit, the Winslow D37SDF?
Here's a copy of the live taping of the unveiling.

Excel Breaking News recorded live on 5/31/13 at 1:39 PM CDT, Recorded live from United States, New Mexico, Moriarty on my iPad on 5/31/13 at 12:39 PM MDT e...
Old 08-31-2013, 05:35 PM   #41

Carolina Campers
What a beautiful coach! I think the new design is truly liberating and innovative.
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:33 AM   #42

Bryan,

In my relatively brief experience, we have realized that there are companies out there that do it better than anyone else. Your company is one such company! It seems that one of costs of innovation is some misplaced comments. I would be willing to bet that there has been considerable positive and constructive feedback regarding your latest innovation. We bought a Winslow in January and with only minor exceptions, couldn't be happier. There is no doubt that the innovations have been well conceived and properly implemented. Having said that, sometimes ideas just don't fly in the marketplace. The only comments that really count are the ones from folks that give it a try and are willing to be constructive in their comments. Who knows, years from now, this may be the standard in the industry. See you all in the spring
Jeff and Lynn Stevenson
Jeff426 is offline   Reply With Quote