Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2007, 01:50 PM   #43

Excel Owners Club
Hi, Dan and Pat here. We retired in 2002 from public service in NY in 2002 and headed across the country and to Alaska in our then new Excel. We had many exciting trips since then and settled down in St Augustine Fl.
The next trip is to the Keys in Feb and then to Rushmore and Yellowstone in the spring.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2009, 09:05 AM   #44

Excel Owners Club
--------------------
The reason I bumped this is I see a lot of members that have not participated much and maybe this might rejuvenate some interest for them. Also I see some of our seasoned members have not posted here either…….Book2
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:45 AM   #45

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Also I see some of our seasoned members have not posted here
B2, this sounds like a woman talking. Miss Jo does this to me all the time...she just makes a statement in the general direction of a subject and expects me to extract that she wants me to take some action. Have you been out there with RockheadTommie on the left coast too long? Spit it out man, what do you what?
Old 02-25-2009, 04:19 AM   #46

Let's see if this works. David

http://irv2.infopop.cc/eve/for...281048492/m/77010068
Old 02-25-2009, 07:05 AM   #47

Excel Owners Club
Wow.. I never saw this thread before. We are Daryl and Barbara Williams. I have been a member of this forum since it started I believe. We have a 2004 RT 32SKW.. I gave it a break last year but we plan to get her on the road in just a few months. Lookin forward to seeing a lot of our old friends on here and on the road.. Happy Camping

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW
headinsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:12 AM   #48

Excel Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I don't remember seeing this one either. We are Mike and Sue and now have our 2nd Excel. We think it is absolutely gorgeous! Love the french door to the bedroom! We are both still working at our family held GC business on the Texas Gulf Coast. Still working, since 401 sunk to pennies,... don't know when we'll get out of here! Take short trips about once a month here in Texas and Louisiana; can't wait to see the rest of the world by RV!
M&S Norrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:42 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally posted by M&S Norrell:
Still working, since 401 sunk to pennies,...
That'd make it a 101?

We've got the same issue. Goal is April 2010. Could be sooner, could be later, could be fired...

David
Old 02-25-2009, 03:14 PM   #50

Excel Owners Club
Wow!! It was nice to see one of the original members come back and post! Thanks Headingsouth!! I am going to reintroduce myself since I have a different trailer and posting here it will pick up in a search! My name is Rich and I am a Tramp Lineman, by which I travel around the country working jobs or storm chasing. I have my second Excel the first being a 2002 35SKO and now I have a 2009 33RKO. I prefer to be Book2 even though I gave you my first birth name on this introduction…….Book2
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:28 PM   #51

Excel Owners Club
Hi Steven and Janet here from St. Louis we unfortunatly have more years left to work than we like to talk about. We are on our first Excel it is a 30 RLO we use it as a weekend getaway at the River but are planning several Trips this year .We look forward to meeting other members in the future.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:20 PM   #52

Excel Owners Club
Dick and Barbara Smith here. Dick has't seen this link either. We are enjoying our second Excel in five years. Both have been 35MKEs.We are spending the winter in Florida and will start back north about the end of March.Then head out again in the fall. Have met many nice Excel owners and friends from the MidAtlantic club.
Rsteabag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:25 AM   #53

Excel Owners Club
Looks like this is going to fly B2 so...
We are Jo and Virgil Allmond. We have been living in our Excel since April 2007. Our home has been on the market since August of that year and we have only spent about 10 nights there since.
We both love this fulltime traveling and enjoy South Florida winters. I am retired from a major pharmaceutical company and Jo is retired from our very small and very unsuccessful Hallmark Store chain. Now we're squeezing every drop of life from each day we're given.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:41 AM   #54

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Tim & Roseann here. We started FT'ing in April '08. House is still on the market & we don't go back unless absolutely necessary. I'm retired military & Roseann is a retired nurse. We have enjoyed meeting up with old friends and developing new frienships. We realize that it's our time to explore to the fullest where we are today. Each new day is a precious gift that we give great thanks for all the opportunities that we are given.
Endeavor2BnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:59 PM   #55

Excel Owners Club
We are Ed & Diane Van Cleave from Greenwood,IN. We purchased our Classic 33TKE in March of '08. Started out in a popup in '95. Have had two travel trailers and this is our 3rd 5th wheel. Wish we had bought the Excel sooner. Am considering ordering a mattress from PI for our home. It is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. Our longest trip so far was 10 days in Boerne TX last spring then spent a week in Chattanooga,TN in July.This year, may only take 3-4 day trips within 150 miles as a family member is in poor health and can't get to far away. We would love to be at the reunion in May, but travel $$$ have to go for a trip to see the kids in Kodiak. Would love to at least "snowbird" when we can finally retire. Can't imagine doing that in anything else. Have learned a great deal from this forum so keep up w/ the info.
Ed

2008 Excel E33TKE,'08 K3500 DRW, B&W Hitch
evan0810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:34 AM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Darn "B2" -- you've got me back on the forum! I've been lurking and taking care of various home projects for Ms Marilyn. Thanks to Tom, Ed, Virg, and others for 'ringing' my bell' once in awhile. I'll make a better attempt at being more active on the forum. A big welcome to all the new members that have joined since my departure.
John

Tags
heartland